Know what I want to do...

So I've made a lighting product which I would like to step a user through choosing options and then pressing a final button to apply the setup. In my head it seems pretty straight forward - about 5 steps, but I'm completely new to Daz Scripting and don't know where to start. So I've got a dialogue popup sorted (yay) but would need to get arrays for choices and any pointers for how to start would be really appreciated. :)

AJ

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

You might want to have a look at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/education/interactive_lessons/start , even though it would probably render at least some of the work you have done on the dialogue surplus to requirement.

• Thanks Richard - that looks like it'll be really useful :)

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,179

It would be better to take a look at the scripts in the Getting Started lesson series. If you install via Install Manager, the files are included in the Interactive Lessons for DAZ Studio 4.9+ package. The files are installed to ./data/resources/Lesson Strips/Interactive/Guided Tours/I - Getting Started/I - Adding a Figure/0.dsa (and the like).  If you install via Daz Connect, the files are bundled in with the Default Resources product and the files are installed to ./data/cloud/1_13176/data/resources/lesson strips/interactive/guided tours/i - getting started/i - adding a figure/0.dsa (and the like). You can type sku::13176 into the filter field of either application to narrow down the results and quickly find the package/product that needs to be installed.

Once installed, if you look at the source of the mentioned scripts, you'll notice that each lesson includes a common script (i.e., ./resources/Lesson Strips/Common/Interactive.dsa) that provides various functions for simplifying the construction of lesson instruction objects. These functions take arguments that are translated to the appropriate members on the instruction object.

-Rob