Upgraded to DS4.5, metadata settings gone

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

I've just upgraded to DS 4.5. When I use Transfer Utility, the Content Type is there but is blank. When I right-click on items in the content library, the words "categorize" and "databases" are there, but they have no options either.

How do I fix this? For that matter, how did I cause it?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is a dropdown on the Content Library tab that allows you to reimport Metadata

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Have you check that the CMS is running? In Task manager, look at the Services tab if you are using Windows 7 or Vista.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Have you check that the CMS is running? In Task manager, look at the Services tab if you are using Windows 7 or Vista.

It says it is there and the status is "Running." This is Windows 7.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is there anything showing in Content Library > Categories? If not, the CMS either isn't running or is being blocked from communicating with DS4.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited October 2012

Sorry, I wasn't getting post notifications and now it's dumping 50 in my inbox! Eep.

There is nothing in Content Library - Categories. Maybe I just need to reinstall.

And cridgit: As far as I know there's only one transfer utility. It has nothing to do with migrating databases, it's just a symptom of the larger problem (in that I no longer have the option of adding metadata to products).

And I mean they literally have no options. Here's a couple of pics. On Database nothing will appear to the right of that arrow regardless of how I click or hover.

Problem02.jpg
    599 x 600 - 167K
    Problem01.jpg
    600 x 531 - 127K
    Post edited by SickleYield on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on