Curly Fingers, Please Help.

After applying the "Perfect 10 pose" to my g3f figure, this starts happening to the hands. I've tried toggling limits, no change. Is there a setting that got triggered by the pose preset?

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 2.55.31 AM.png
430 x 514 - 155K

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Is it this package?  http://www.daz3d.com/perfect-10-pinup-poses-for-v4-1

You're trying to use an incompatible pose.  There are some converters; just not sure if from V4 to G3F.  You'd probably need to do manual corrections if the rest of the pose even works.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Is this on the base Genesis 3 Female or is there a character morph applied (or any other morphs like GrowingUp)?

• tantrummtantrumm Posts: 16

http://www.daz3d.com/perfect-10-standing-poses-for-genesis-3-female-s

It's happened to me before, for some reason applying poses from this set creates this deformation. It's the G3F base model.

Ah, ok, thank you for clarification on the products.

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316

Hi Tantrumm. I can't get this to happen. Does this happen with all of the poses or does this happen with just a particular one or two. I'm trying to find the pose which has the hand in that position and am not sure which pose it might be. If you could tell me which one, I can look more closely.

Do you only have the G3F version in your product library?  Please make sure which version you have and can you tell me which specific pose you are using?  In addition, is it just the G3F base or do you have any other morphs on the figure.  I just need to make sure I am using exactly what you have when I try to reproduce the problem.  

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Is there any scaling of body parts applied to your figure (eg Hand Scale Propagation)? If so, try zeroing all morphs that incorporate scaleing and see if the problem still exists.

edited May 2016

The figure was totally fine before applying poses from that set. It seems that any pose from that set creates this issue. Even after setting all poses to zero, bending the hand/fingers results in this deformation.

Is it a joint constraint issue? Is there a way to fix this without loosing all the morphs I've worked on?

The figure has multiple morphs applied from different sources, could it be a conflict between morph presets?

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 1.50.39 PM.png
    651 x 634 - 177K
    Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 2.03.17 PM.png
    473 x 491 - 175K
    Post edited by tantrumm on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,839

If you go to Edit>Zero>Zero Figure Shape do the hands look right?

yes

If you go to Edit>Zero>Zero Figure Shape do the hands look right?

Ok, so the issue is a morph that is not correctly adjusting the joint centres. Load your G3F and apply the pose, so that you see the bad fingers. Now with the figure selected go to the Parameters pane or the Shaping pane and click on Currently Used on the left. In the list of shapes that shows go through setting each to zero until the fingers snap into alignment.

edited May 2016

Ok, so the issue is a morph that is not correctly adjusting the joint centres. Load your G3F and apply the pose, so that you see the bad fingers. Now with the figure selected go to the Parameters pane or the Shaping pane and click on Currently Used on the left. In the list of shapes that shows go through setting each to zero until the fingers snap into alignment.

Thank you Richard Haseltine! Fixed :) It was an overall body morph that created the conflict.

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 2.58.07 PM.png
    290 x 303 - 66K
    Post edited by tantrumm on

Glad you've found it. If it was a morph from Daz please report the issue as a bug with the morph product.

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316

Thanks to all for following through on this. It's nice to learn I don't have a bad product out there. I was at a bit of a loss as those poses were all hand dialed. No conversions... so they should be totally clean.

Yes, that was why I asked if there were any other morphs.  Glad you got it handled. :)