Poke-thru on modelled shirt? Help?

AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm having issues with poke-thru on a shirt. I started modelling it off the neutral Genesis base and used the Auto Transfer utility to fit it to Genesis, but when morphing the shape to Basic Female, it has some poke-thru on some... sensitive spots. I'd post a picture of the problem, but I'm unsure of the forums nudity rules.

Any tips on fixing this? (If anyone wants a picture, PM me...)

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Add a smoothing modifier

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Add a smoothing modifier

Did, and it works fine. But smoothing means if the hands get near it, it kind of eats them (something like Poser's cloth room if you have hands on the side and decide to run a simulation.)

Would like a nicer solution than that. :/

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

If it's the right breast that's poking through, then that is a bug with the auto grouping function in both transfer utility and autofit in 4.5.0.114, it's been fixed in the beta.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

How finely divided is the mesh over the breasts (I assume that's the problem area)? You may need to make a custom morph in your modeller, rather than using the auto-transferred morph, for optimum results.

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

How finely divided is the mesh over the breasts (I assume that's the problem area)? You may need to make a custom morph in your modeller, rather than using the auto-transferred morph, for optimum results.

Not very. Guess that's my problem, thanks. :) Mesh looks like heck, but I was thinking of posting it as a freebie as a modest "Hey, I tried" attempt. :)

Also, using Hexagon 2.5 as my modeller. :) Still using DAZ 4.0, nervous after hearing some problems installing 4.5...