Underwater scene

shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

My attempt at an underwater scene, using the Caustics tutorial from David Brinnen, still not what I had in my minds eye, I wanted to try and get godrays as well but well over my head at the moment..
the sharks I downloaded.

ShipWreck.jpg
1754 x 915 - 231K

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

This is beautiful... I am downloading and installing bryce in an effort to be able to make this :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

The underwater scene looks good, the foreground material particularly, in terms of scale I would suggest that you should reduce the size of your caustic pattern - as things stand, it seems a little bit large.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124
    edited December 1969

shaykall said:
    My attempt at an underwater scene, using the Caustics tutorial from David Brinnen, still not what I had in my minds eye, I wanted to try and get godrays as well but well over my head at the moment..
    the sharks I downloaded.

Excellent result. I like it. Just the size of the caustics, as David mentioned. It should match the size of the small waves on the surface which cause the light pattern.
  • Hello.  I'm seeing references to David Brinnen's Caustics tutorial.  Would someone please provide a link to it?  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks

-- ParallaxMaster

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

I think this is the tutorial you need ParallaxMaster

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

philm4_2773bdd598: Well done scene! great atmosphere. Dangerous, big sharks, you'd better get out of the water quickly!