Failure to import into ZBrush

Thrasher1970Thrasher1970 Posts: 34
edited October 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to import a character into zbrush using goz. After zbrush opens, there is no character loaded. I've cleared the cache, recently downloaded and installed goz, and running ZBrush 4R4 (I think). What do I need to do to complete the import?
Thanks

Post edited by Thrasher1970 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

You mean you can't use the mouse to draw the item onto the canvas? Or are you expecting it to be already on the ZBrush canvas?

• Thrasher1970Thrasher1970 Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

I can not use the mouse to draw the item onto the canvas.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Exactly which versions of DS and ZBrush are you using? Have you, in ZBrush, tried reconnecting the link to DS - Preferences>GoZ>Path to DAZStudio4?

edited October 2012

I have tried reconnecting. Daz is 4.5.0.114 pro 64-bit.ZBrush 4R4.

edited October 2012

Figure out what the problem was. My ZBrush was corrupted. Thanks Richard Haseltine, though.

• donsmith0194donsmith0194 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Figure out what the problem was. My ZBrush was corrupted. Thanks Richard Haseltine, though.

Thrasher, How did you determine Zbrush was corrupted? I'm having the same problem. I also have the newest versions of all products and plugins.

Thanks

Post edited by donsmith0194 on
    edited December 1969

I had imported my person as an obj file, and several of the tools were not working the way they were supposed to. I deleted Z-Brush and reinstalled it, and everything works fine.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

The only issue I'm having with the updated bridge from the last beta / rc of DAZ Studio is that the bridge takes FOREVER to invoke, load and allow me to draw the imported figure. Used to be instantaneous! At least I can still do my work. Hope it all gets sorted out for ya!

• donsmith0194donsmith0194 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So I reinstalled Zbrush, reset my GoZ connections, and restarted then it still didn't fix anything UNTIL I shutdown the laptop, drove home, and started it back up. It is working correctly now.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

It's funny, everyone is afraid of updating to DAZ Studio 4.5 due to perceived possible issues with crashing (I have had very little problems) but I have ZBrush and am actually chicken to update it for fear of screwing up the bridge *chuckle*

edited December 1969

I'm running DAZ 4.5 and Zbrush 4R4. I haven't had any problems with either, other than the one reinstall.