Importing stand alone figure into Daz Studio

I found a group of crazy rabbits I would like to use for my next book and they are available on a couple 3D sites. The formats included with purchase show as:

.b3d (Blitz3D) .blend (Blender3D) .dae (Autodesk) .dae (Collada) .fbx .ms3d (Milkshape3D) .unitypackage .x (DirectX) .x (XNA)

How would I get these usuable in daz studio? They say they are rigged but I know nothing of how to get these into studio with everything intact. Is it more trouble than it's worth?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

dae and fbx MAY allow import rigged (doubtful but there is a chance...the rigged import of both is rather hit and miss).  Millighost has an export script for Blender that will export a rigged duf file, but it still needs adjustment/tweaking in Studio.

The usual route, is export/use an obj format item and rig completely within Studio.

• mjc1016 said:

dae and fbx MAY allow import rigged (doubtful but there is a chance...the rigged import of both is rather hit and miss).  Millighost has an export script for Blender that will export a rigged duf file, but it still needs adjustment/tweaking in Studio.

The usual route, is export/use an obj format item and rig completely within Studio.

Kind of what I was afraid of. I wasn't ready to learn a new trick like rigging just yet, but I guess I'll have to decide how bad I want these.