Problems downloading Daz 4.5 free release

launoklaunok Posts: 778
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Good day,

Since yesterday I am trying to download Daz Studio 4.5 and DS 4.5 SDK but for some reason the downloads (after completion) are corrupted which is understandable as the file sizes are way too small! I have tried 2 times DS 4.5 and both times the file size is only 4.9 mb which is definitely not correct (I have now left only 2 tries out of 4 and don't want to waste that further at this stage). Today DS 4.5 SDK downloaded at only 11.3 mb which also is corrupted.

Another thing I want to ask about is that I have no idea how big these files are as it doesn't state the sizes in the download section as were the case in the past (old Daz3D site). I always unplug my whole computer and modem when going to sleep at night due to heavy thunder storms and doesn't want to download big files prior to midnight/overnight. I have lost many modems due to thunder. If I know how big the sizes are I can start downloading mornings earlier the quite big ones and the smaller files later. But now I can't see which is bigger and which is smaller. Are there any way how I can figure out what the sizes are before downloading?

When I do download from your site I do not open any other web pages or working on my pc at all and nothing else is downloading at the same time. In fact, only Daz3D is open! I also don't have any download accelerators as I know these may interfere. So what do you suggest I do in order for downloads to keep going and download successfully? In the past I never had problems downloading from here! I am on Win XP sp3. Could sp3 be the problem as before format some time ago, I had Win XP sp2 on? I have tried downloading with Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox (latest version) but same problem occurs on both. Downloading from sites such as Renderosity I do not have such problems. However the only other site I have this problem is also ShareCG but otherwise all sites are actually downloading perfectly. Even Flash are the latest and Java. Actually I don't know technical issues at all as I am a lady on pension doing art! :)

Thank you for your help and advice.

Kind regards,

Laura

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is a problem with the site at the moment, please see this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8818/#117690

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Or even this thread, as you are not a PC member. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8784/#117701

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    Good day,

Since yesterday I am trying to download Daz Studio 4.5 and DS 4.5 SDK but for some reason the downloads (after completion) are corrupted which is understandable as the file sizes are way too small! I have tried 2 times DS 4.5 and both times the file size is only 4.9 mb which is definitely not correct (I have now left only 2 tries out of 4 and don't want to waste that further at this stage). Today DS 4.5 SDK downloaded at only 11.3 mb which also is corrupted.

Don't worry about the retries, you can reset your files as many times as you want from the Itemized Order History page in your account.

If it keeps failing and you're running Windows you could try this program. It works for some of those who have problems with downloading but not for all. Just did 3 test downloads of DAZ Studio with it, one downoad failed, but the other 2 were OK. So it may be worth giving it a try.

• launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited October 2012

Taozen said:
    launok said:
    Good day,

Don't worry about the retries, you can reset your files as many times as you want from the Itemized Order History page in your account.

If it keeps failing and you're running Windows you could try this program. It works for some of those who have problems with downloading but not for all. Just did 3 test downloads of DAZ Studio with it, one downoad failed, but the other 2 were OK. So it may be worth giving it a try.

Thank you Taozen for your reply. I have replied earlier in "Daz server problem" thread, about your program which is unfortunately not working for me and attached a screen shot of what happens there. But it seems now reading your comment above, that I am one of the unlucky ones regarding your download program! But thanks for helping out with your program anyway.

Laura

Post edited by launok on