All figures loading with the same morphs pre-loaded. Help please

Hello to all from Nottingham. I am hoping someone can tell me how I have managed to do the following and how I can undo it.

I have been working at creating figures to sell ( hopefully ) and had a practice at saving a test morphed figure as a character using the instructions in the Daz Help Pages. There are now two problems.

Firstly, and quite minor, the new figure does not show up in the contents.

Secondly, and really disasterously, every Genesis 3 female figure I now open loads with the new test figure morphs installed giving bizarre results and I can't get rid of the effect. If I zero the figure to get the morphs out and save the figure, it still loads with the morphs installed when I next load it. This has effectively turned all my Genesis 3 Females into weird alien shapes as it seems to have mixed with their shapes and amplified the morphs out of all proportion. I have found the DUF file for the trial figure and deleted it, but the Gen 3 figures still somehow find the morphs and load with them.

Can anyone please tell me what I have doe wrong, how I can undo it and if possible, how to properly save the new figures properly as the Daz Help page is years old and still marked as WIP ?

Many Thanks in advance, Alan

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

This may help. Load up your defective G3F and in the parameters tab see which morphs are on, that shouldn't be. In the settings of those parameters make sure they are set to a default value of zero. Then re-save those morph assets to save the changes. Hopefully next time you load G3F they will not be on by default. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,859

Saving a morph asset doesn't create user-facing files, items in the content panes. If you want a preset to apply your morphs then save a Shaping (just the shape) or Character (shape and materials) preset.

• Thanks for the replies. Redz, I have just tried your suggestion, zeroed the Genesis 3 Female to get rid of the unwanted morphs. Saved it as a Morph asset and reloaded, the same result, morphs pre-loaded. I have saved as a Character and named it Genssis 3 Female, overwriting the existing Genesis 3 Female DUF file, same result. When the figure is loaded the morphs are still installed. The odd thing is that I have deleted the test figure the morphs were based on but somehow Daz has remembered them and applies them to all Genesis 3 Female figures, Victoria 7, Teen Josie 7 and so on.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Don't zero G3F, rather go through your parameters to see which morphs are turned on when you load her. For each of those morphs, zero it, then click on the gear symbol in the top right corner and select parameter settings.

In that panel you should be able to see if the "Default" value is non-zero. If this is the case, set the default to zero, then save as support asset-morph asset- and drill down through G3F to find the morph you want to reset. Do this for each morph that's causing a problem and it should fix it. 

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I've dealt with this with G2F. When it's corrupted, all of the spin offs (Victoria, Josie etc) are affected.

Im trying to remember how I fix it...

Try this:

Load G3F

Select it in scene

go to Currently used in parameters.  Zero anything there. Show hidden properties.. zero those.

Hopefully it looks right then.

Now go to save as -> Support Asset -> Save Modified Assets

That's the basics of what needs to be done.. getting to the zero point is the tough thing.

• Alowe49Alowe49 Posts: 40

If the advise given prior to this fails to resolve the problem - try looking in the My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2(or 3)\Female\Morphs folder, mistakes you save remain there to haunt you until you delete them!

I made many mistakes in the past and now keep a virgin copy of new figures on a sepatate drive, just in case of problems. I also back-up my Daz folders each Sunday

Yorkshire wishes you luck.

• Hi all, 

Alan, where you able to solve this problem? I'm currently having the same issue and it's freaking me out! I tried everything suggested in the comments, nothing yet. I even deleted all the morph folders/files from my computer and it still seems to be getting those morphs from somewhere. All my (male) G3 characters are effected, it's a huge problem.

If anyone can help, it would be hugely appreciated!

-Wouter

• I just fixed this issue.  I'd been having the same morph load on G3F for months.  I wasn't really concerned because it is my 'standard' morphs.  But since I started making clothes I was having to zeroized her every time I loaded.  A little annoying but not bad.  Anyway this morning I decided to just fix it.  Jeeze what a mess.  Here we go.

First off know where your morphs are residing.  I thought mine were all living in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\  But apparently I did something that caused Daz to make a duplicate copy of the entire Morphs directory into my C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\ directory.  Every, single, morph.  So that's a biggie!  Make sure you don't have dualling morphs.  Once you find the morph and make sure you are working with a single version it's time for the fun:

--If you or the vendor compressed the morph when it was created then you will need uncompress it.  I use WinRAR.  It throws an error saying the file is corrupted, but if you open the file by renaming it from morph.duf to morph.rar and doubleclick on it WinRAR will complain, but read it.  Drag the contents of the rar to the folder.

--Open the the uncompressed file with a decent text editor.  I use Notepad++ since it gives me line numbers and easy to read formatting.

--Somewhere inside the ["channel":{ ] label, around line 33 range look for this ["value" : 1,] without the brackets.  That little toggle is the entire problem.  It tells Daz to load that morph automatically every time the base figure or anything that uses that base figure is loaded.  Since my corrupted morph was an entire body change it made for some really entertaining effects when I would load a different FBM character.  Anyway just change that line to ["value" : 0,], again without the brackets and save the file.  Put a .duf extension on it (after renaming the original to something NOT .duf) and you should be good to go. 

I haven't tried recompress the file in winrar so I'm not sure if winrar will write it back in a format Daz can read, but the uncompressed should work fine, it did for me.  You can always resave it as an asset again and let Daz compress it back.

Cheers,

Dave

• --If you or the vendor compressed the morph when it was created then you will need uncompress it.  I use WinRAR.  It throws an error saying the file is corrupted, but if you open the file by renaming it from morph.duf to morph.rar and doubleclick on it WinRAR will complain, but read it.  Drag the contents of the rar to the folder.

I believe the compression is ZIP, not RAR. Next time, try using the .zip extension, and see if it decompresses without an error.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

--If you or the vendor compressed the morph when it was created then you will need uncompress it.  I use WinRAR.  It throws an error saying the file is corrupted, but if you open the file by renaming it from morph.duf to morph.rar and doubleclick on it WinRAR will complain, but read it.  Drag the contents of the rar to the folder.

There is a batch converter tool in Studio that can decompress the files for you...

Window > Panes (tabs) > Batch Convert.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 796
    Redz said:

Don't zero G3F, rather go through your parameters to see which morphs are turned on when you load her. For each of those morphs, zero it, then click on the gear symbol in the top right corner and select parameter settings.

In that panel you should be able to see if the "Default" value is non-zero. If this is the case, set the default to zero, then save as support asset-morph asset- and drill down through G3F to find the morph you want to reset. Do this for each morph that's causing a problem and it should fix it. 

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to thank you RedZ. Actually thank you to the original poster and to all who contributed. I don't know what happened but I had this issue last night when I opened Daz Studio and loaded G3M. Haven't used him in a while. I don't understand why it would do this. It had set RawArt's Prince Albane II as 100% auto-load. I thought I was going to have a complete meltdown I was so angry and frustrated. I knew G3M looked different, but definitely knew something was off when I went to dial in another character and it looked horrible. I never mess with these kinds of hidden files, morphs, etc. I refuse to believe I did something. It's like it got confused when I installed Prince Albane via DIM. I don't know why else it would happen. Again, thanks to all. I'm glad I found this thread.

• I'm now having trouble of a similar sort. I created a new G2F and added a number of Big Beautiful Genesis morphs to her. I saved the figure/woman as a .duf as I went along. However, upon opening her back up again, she loaded up with all the morphs gone (reset to zero). It may be an issue that Daz Studio is loading/opening the file from the wrong place, but I wanted to get some other opinions about this problem.

• AngellsAngells Posts: 110
    edited October 2018

I tried doing all this even got rid of everything in data folders. The character is a custom morph and the morph doesn't show up in currently used. I found the morph in morph loader still zeroed it saved as a morph  asset and it reloaded the same way. I have only the dials for the custom morphs. Where does DS place the morph files in morph loader catagory. I would delete it from there. I also have presets for this character and got rid of all those  and the character files. Still the morph loads. I don't know what to do to get the Genesis 8 female back without those morphs. Anybody know what to do now? Nothing on this page I tried worked.

Post edited by Angells on
  • AngellsAngells Posts: 110
    edited October 2018

I did the unzipped file then saved it as a zip  and opened it in notepad and then changed the channel value to 0 saved the copy, then put it back as the same name morph file and reloaded a fresh g8 and she loaded without the morphs. I hope it works again after I close DS. Hope it can help someone else because it worked.So glad it worked I have my default Genesis 8 back. doing happy dance.

Post edited by Angells on