Turn a material into light ?

VinceBagnaVinceBagna Posts: 75
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

I know it was possible to turn a material into light in DS3 Advanced. How could i do that in DS4 Pro ?

Also, is there any way to render a depth map with DS4 Pro ?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,816
    edited December 1969

uberArea or Shader Mixer will let you create light-emitting materials. Presets and scenes saved from DS3 using those features should generally work, though there are a few cases where Shader Mixer will not transfer successfully.

I'm not sure if the depth-map script is working, but again Shader Mixer will allow you to create a depth-map shader - I think there have been a couple of recipes published.

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Vince,

for the depth map try this one:

Just open the ShaderMixer, select New in the File menu (of the ShaderMixer), change the selection to Camera, in the "Bricks" choose "All Bricks ->Roots ->Volume" and drag it into the Brick yard.

In "All Bricks -> Functions -> Volume" select "Fog-Simple" and drag it as well into the Brick yard.

Connect the "Color" and "Opacity" output of the Fog brick with the "Ci" and "Oi" input of the Volume brick.

Click on the "Create" button and choose as you wish in the opening window.

"Background" let's you choose the color of the fog/depth effect, "Start Distance" lets you choose the depth of the effect. The default of 500 is far to close for an average scene, start with something like 1000 or 2000.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the recipe...that's sounds interesting!

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pen, but you have listed it in the Shader Mixer recipes way back, when DS 3 came out! ;-)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    Thanks Pen, but you have listed it in the Shader Mixer recipes way back, when DS 3 came out! ;-)
    Doh...my memory is so bad at the moment! lol