MULTI CHANNEL MIXER to 3 sources

I have a shader with 2 sources with a texture map for the blender.. I want to add a third source to the mixer/blender. How can I do that

Screen_Shot_2012-09-30_at_4.46_.51_PM_.png
889 x 519 - 73K

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Use another mixer in a source. Simples.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

I have never even thought of using a texture map as a blender!
    what a cool idea!
    I guess it uses it as greyscale for the values of each source.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

One of the plugins... Shoestring I think, has some kind of mixer that works on like 10 different values... But I'm guessing Richard is trying SSS? Otherwise there might be simpler ways to do it...

The nested Multi-mixer is the best probably... Easiest to control with 2 maps... Ascania yay LOL!

Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited October 2012

I have a shader with 2 sources with a texture map for the blender.. I want to add a third source to the mixer/blender. How can I do that

Just for my information, what is the difference between a multi channel mixer and a multi layer shader ? (because in a multi layer, you can specify as many basic layers as you wish, each with its own opacity mask.
    Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Use another mixer in a source. Simples.
    USing a Texture map as a mixer kick azz wheere if you want bare metal to shine through worn areas that are painted
  • edited December 1969

Okay heres what I got! I want to add some SA2 Missile near hit damage to my F-4! For all the object involved I have 2 copies that I plan to turn on and off at the appropriate time. I want the Rt Wing, Tail, Rudder and Fuselage to all have copy with all the damage…

On the Rt wing and the 2 ailerons it was easy they only had one SOURCE. The fuselage is another story. it already thad 2 sources as does the rear tail section!

The FUSE has a TEXTURE map Mixer to let the MEtALIC part of the rear/tail end sort of come through and looks worn and discolored somewhat by heat ext. SO it already HAS a texture map to cover up the PAINT and let the metal pop out!

I need another that will not only show the paint but not mess up the metal area at the read AND show the new flak damage which consists on a MASK/TEXTURE MAP MIXER… a HOLE MAP to put an ALPHA for the missing metal… and a BUMP map to simulate bent metal ! SEE WING DAMAGE! PIC

Now the FUSE source 2 uses a metal shader OTHER than the metal shader called ALUMINUM I want to use to show the damage or I could go into the source one and two MASK and modify it.

PLEASE ADVICE!

fuse_shader.png
    600 x 273 - 169K
    wing_2b.png
    600 x 266 - 90K
    wing_2.png
    600 x 360 - 179K
    wing_1b.png
    600 x 262 - 81K
    wing_1.png
    600 x 360 - 163K
  • edited December 1969

I DID IT I DID IT and I didn't think it would work! I added another Mulit Layer Mixer to source number 2!!!!! I didnt think it would come through to the top layer but it did!

1.png
    700 x 420 - 235K
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

I need to put a texture map on my alpha like now.

Is that what this is -- how you got the holes? Is it just a black and white MAT thrown on the alpha channel?