StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Weapons promos.

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited October 2020

Keep hearing this incredible song in my head while looking at your images - awesome!

- Greg

ETA: Both the song and the renders you've been posting - please keep 'em coming!

Post edited by algovincian on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Keep hearing this incredible song in my head while looking at your images - awesome!

- Greg

ETA: Both the song and the renders you've been posting - please keep 'em coming!

YES! heart I'm soooo excited! 

• Weird, all I can hear is 'We need to work more!!!' - 'We need to set deadlines!!' coming from Roguey's direction indecision

• Empty books, for those with little time to read!

We've been working on some books that will hopefully be rather flexible to work with, allowing us to do rigged books that can be opened or just save them in groups as fillers for bookshelves with less textures.
    The one in the image is 1 from 4 different books.

We'll probably include blank textures like in the render below so people can put something on the covers or first page if they want. The first and last pages are separate textures so they're easy to edit.
    We'll do an open version too and have blank pages there too, for those wanting to put their own content on the pages.

Anyway, I'm working on different leather types and colors for the covers and Roguey is currently working on some metal ornaments for the corners of the books and some locks, so we can have a few nice fantasy books with some metal on them :)

I'll probably still tweak the end papers to look a bit cleaner. The problem with looking at antique books as reference is that while they look super nice, it's probably not how they looked when they were being used back in their day... but it's tempting to make them look 200 years old.

• Great textures, very authentic.
    Will there be genesis 8 poses for books? It will be awesome!

• @dankodanai_0815a7f74f - Hmm we *might* include some basic poses with the furniture (up to Roguey, she'd be doing them), using the books, sitting on the couch by the fire or table holding a book and such... but just a handful poses in total.

Books update! - Covers are generic atm, focus was on making sure the pages looked good and somewhat natural with all the damaged page bits and that I could get away with a certain range off colors for the covers (not that they'll be as colorful in the end). Might tone down the grayish dirt around the edges of the pages, seems a bit too strong.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

The books could be a product by themselves (I've actually seen similar products in the store already). Maybe the books & poses could be bundled together as a separate asset?

Anyway, they look great and like all the assets you two produce, I have no doubt that this one will deliver a big bang for the buck.

- Greg

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

If you made a product with the books and poses for them, I'd be very interested.  It's hard to make poses for specific props, and these books look so good, I could see me using them in lots of renders!  Of course, if you included them in this product, that would be even better!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,836

I want this furniture for my house

• Some more book stuff, because why not  :)    .open version has no cover textures atm, but uses the same ones as the clsoed versions.

• Incredible! But wait till the shop is cured before release! Buying is no fun at the moment. For non of us all (PA, Mods, customers) I think. 

• Good to know!

Not sure if people enjoy doing their own stuff, but there will be a version of the book with empty pages for people to fill in themselves, if they want.

Also has several morphs to make the pages more/less damaged and change how the right and left stack are resting (more flat/compressed, more loose pages etc).

• Good to know!

Not sure if people enjoy doing their own stuff, but there will be a version of the book with empty pages for people to fill in themselves, if they want.

Also has several morphs to make the pages more/less damaged and change how the right and left stack are resting (more flat/compressed, more loose pages etc).

My tounge is hanging... again: incredible and instant buy! When the store is cured wink

• Nice Looking forward to this and love that it'll be customizable

• Another little something

• Nice one! Especially i love dirt on the mirror!

• like everything except the decal,any other ideas?

• Spent some time today throwing everything into the room.

Not all tetxures are final, some that were final need tweaks to fit in better, the piece I posted earlier looks to dark in the room, props around the fireplace are missing + more plant variations + some other decorations + pictures etc on the walls.

• @Strangefate

This really looks awesome!!!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Fabulous.

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

Goddamn! That's gorgeous! 

• A bit too brown but some missing decorations should add some colors.

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
    edited November 2020

I got a 3090 video card a few days ago and... I'm probably spending too much time just looking around in Iray.

Iray viewport clears up really fast which makes it a lot of fun :)

PS: They clearly haven't been taking care of the lawn outside :/

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • Darn you 3090...

• Some props still unfinished or too dark in this shot...

• That really looks good

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I just want to move in! When is it available for purchase?

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

amazing

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

It looks very cozy and comfortable.

•