OT -- Ottawa International Animation Festival Entry Deadline 29 May

Just thought I would throw this out here as some of you may be intrested in submitting something you have been working on.

Entry is free so no harm in entering something. My daughter has entered a few times in the past.

exert from the website

"From September 21-25, 2016 downtown Ottawa will once again be the stage where you can enjoy the world's most cutting-edge, thoughtful, funny and provocative animation films while mingling with many of animation's most celebrated stars, studios and characters.

Whether you love classic cartoons, mind-bending experiments, fantastic digital creations, dazzling effects, technical fireworks, thought provoking observations, or pure gut-busting fun, there is something for everyone and anyone at the Ottawa International Animation Festival (OlAF).

For 40 years, the OlAF has attracted film and animation buffs, art lovers and filmmakers from around the globe. You won't want to miss this year's exciting line-up of screenings, workshops, panels and parties taking place at the ByTowne Cinema, National Gallery of Canada, Arts Court, Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts, and the Chateau Laurier."

Here is the link to the submissions page.

https://www.animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=166&Itemid=930

Good Luck to any who enter.

Comments

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701

Thanks for the info, chickenman. I live in Ottawa. And the registration is free. How about that?

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I live just (45 Mins) South of Ottawa so we are close to each other.

• fram1963fram1963 Posts: 10

Another one here... from Orléans.  I go to the festival everytime it's in town!  Great fun and lots of eye candy!

Just out of curiosity is anyone entering anything in this festival?

I would like to register, but the entry must be on a streaming video URL. I don t know how to go about that.

I beleive that would be like Youtube, Vimeo.

edited May 2016

I beleive that would be like Youtube, Vimeo.

You were right. I submitted my entry form. Now I must dust off my tuxedo as I must be properly dressed for my award ceremony. wink

Post edited by argus1000 on

Awesome Wish you well.

Let us know the results.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Care to share a link?

PhilW said:

Care to share a link?

If you re looking for a link to the festival. it s on the first post of this thread.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

No, a link to your video, or is it restricted at the moment.

Oh. Well, I entered two videos, "Noah revisited" and "Trance". I think you have seen them.

NOAH REVISITED:

TRANCE: