3D Art Freebie Challenge ---May: From This Hill I Can See... MAIN Thread

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Yes, the download links for the items shown on the pages given do not work, as Selias said. However, here are the working, direct links to the items mentioned, if anyone is interested:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://webzoom.freewebs.com:80/mapps/Mapps_Morph_Stone.zip

and

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://webzoom.freewebs.com:80/mapps/Mapps_Repair_Droid.zip

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    SixDs said:

Yes, the download links for the items shown on the pages given do not work, as Selias said. However, here are the working, direct links to the items mentioned, if anyone is interested:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://webzoom.freewebs.com:80/mapps/Mapps_Morph_Stone.zip

and

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://webzoom.freewebs.com:80/mapps/Mapps_Repair_Droid.zip

Thanks SixDs!  I hope the website problems are only temporary.  Mapps has been around such a long time, it would be really weird to see his site disappear. 

selias19 said:

Title: Sunset on the Hill

Every now and then Jared would take his bike and drive to the nearby hills to enjoy the sunset far away from the bustle of the city.

Fantastic scene.  Great lighting Selias!   Really captures the mood well.

Thanks for the links to those great bikes!  Wish I had one... it would make my commute more bearable!  wink

edited May 2016
    jonttex82 said:

Time for my second entry.

Invasion

Well, shoot... there goes the neighborhood!   wink  Nice work!

Just out of curiosity, how well did Bryce handle all that geometry?   A scene like that would bring Studio to a grinding halt (at least on my computer anyway!).  Is there an instancing feature in Bryce or can it just handle that many polys better than Studio?

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 298
    jonttex82 said:

Invasion

Just out of curiosity, how well did Bryce handle all that geometry?   A scene like that would bring Studio to a grinding halt (at least on my computer anyway!).  Is there an instancing feature in Bryce or can it just handle that many polys better than Studio?

Like I said in my post background (= sky and water) was created with Bryce, everything else is Studio (including rendering). I haven't used Bryce much as I just got it (was too cheap to pass) and it's also very unstable on my machine.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    SixDs said:

The news from the Hill: A cold front moved in last night and the temperature is around 8 degrees C right now. The northern lights are dancing in a starry sky over the valley. Not very colourful, but putting on a light show nonetheless.

Nice!  I love cold, clear nights.  I've never actually seen the northern lights in real life - sounds like quite a treat!

I've seen them a few times.  Once right in my home city of Fall River, MA.  That was rare.  And it was the type that were a bright red and kind of just glowy.  Saw them once around 1971, while I was visiting Franconia College with a friend, in New Hampshire.  Everyone was partying, and someone ran through the halls yelling, "The Northern Lights, the Northern Lights!"  Everyone went up on the roof, and oooed and ahhhhed.  laugh  Lucky none of us fell off the roof!  laugh 

Dana

jonttex82 said:

And here comes my first entry. At first I was going to post an extra render I did for the last month's challenge, in which I was not completely happy in context of last month's theme, but it would have fit nicely for this theme. But I then decided to go on and do a completely new render.

Family Outing

No story for this render, I'll let the picture to speak for itself. What I can say is that this render was heavily inspired all those family outings and camping trips we used to do, when I was young. While this situation/scene is completely fictional, just looking at this picture I can feel the sun on my skin, I can smell the water in the lake and hot sand on the beach, as well as to feel the hot sand between my toes.

Not counting: Genesis 2 male (x2), Genesis 2 Female (x2), Wildmane Hair, Basic Hair, SallyMae Hair, Toulouse Hair, Persian Beauty Outfit

# = requires free registration

1) Toilet Paper
    2) Picnic Basket (6th item from the top, the download link does not work on it's own, to download you need to add .zip to the site address that opens up)
    3) Zelte und Rucksack (Camp fire and the log) #
    4) Swimming Trunks #
    5) G2M Casual Shoes #
    6) Genesis 2 Male TShirts #
    7) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers #
    8) Genesis 2 Female Children's Dress #
    9) lifejacket # 
    10) Pile of Wood # 
    11) Wiener (4th item from the top)
    12) Pointy Stuff (used as sausage stick, 8th item from the top)
    13) Beach (used as beach and water base, 3rd item from the top)
    14) Fishermens Row Boat(18 Century) #
    15) AllenArt Drinking Glass prop for Iray with shaders #
    16) Lemonade Jug (3rd item below the Picnics header)
    17) Grass Prop #
    18) Garden Table #
    19) Dinnerware Set (plate was used) 

Looks like an easy going, relaxing visit!  Nice job.

Dana

DollyGirl said:

Title: How Strange is My Valley
    Created in 4.8 using 3Delight No post work except to put signature on image.

Who doesn't love a good Sci-Fi twist to a theme.

Freebies:
    Environment: City * Apocalyspse by Mortem Vetus.
    Environment: City * Scifi Floating City by herminio.
    Environment: City: Traffic Dystopia SkyTraffic by Stonemason. Down on the lower edge of the window you will see Downloads. Click on this. Click on first picture in first row.
    Environment: Cliff * Avatar Rocks Props by CS.
    Environment: Grasses * Deadgrass by Traveler.
    Environment: Haze * FX Daz Studio by JeffersonAF.
    Environment: Road SF Roadways by Mapps.
    Environment: Rocks Andi3d Rocks by Andi3d Mortemvetus.
    Environment: Sky * Skydome Expansion 1 by glaseye.
    Environment: Tree Psytree3 by Dreampaint.
    Envrionment: Ground Morphing ground prop by Porsimo. Second one down
    Moon Girl: Outfit * Encounter V4 by fleshforge.
    Moon Girl: Pose * Neural Implant! for V4 by 3-d-c.
    Shader: Clothing * Super Shine Shader - TopCoat for DAZ|Studio 1.7 by Marianne Gilliand.
    Shader: Rocks: Texture * Tiling Texture Pack 13 by Yughues aka Nobiax.

No Counts.
    The following freebies are no longer available. Environment: Grass Fungi by Designfera.
    Environment: Grass Super Nature Addon by Biscuits.
    Environment: Lighting Light Pre-sets for DAZ Studio by Edheldil. Can use these lights that go with the skydome: http://www.sharecg.com/v/61695/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/UberEnvironment2-Light-set5-for-SkyDome-Exp5
    Environment: Moon Raven Moon Prop by Thorne.

Moon Girl: Base * Victoria 4.2 Base by DAZ 3D.
    * indicates free registration is required.

Thanks for looking

Sci-Fi is always good!  Nice work!

Dana

selias19 said:

Title: Sunset on the Hill

Every now and then Jared would take his bike and drive to the nearby hills to enjoy the sunset far away from the bustle of the city.

Rendered in Daz 4.8 with 3DLight

Items used:
    * indicates that registration is needed

*WC Brogran for G2M

Kozaburo All Back Hair

*G2M Leathers

*HD Infinite Rock

*Sci-Fi Downtown City (OBJ)

*Terra Speeder (OBJ)

*Ultra Bike (OBJ)

*MX-52 Tricycle (OBJ)

*Multi Purpose Shuttle MPS 2A "Beaver"

*TOS Trek era CV Craft

*Leaf Trees

*Skydome
    *and Expansion1 (I believe)

*Dandelion Prop

*Fast Metals from  Ultimate Shader Pack

These were also used but Renderosity shows an "exceeded bandwidth" at the moment so I am not sure if they are no count now.

*Mapps Morphing Stone

*Repair Droid
    The wayback machine might be used to get them from their site (look for http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/)

Edit: DollyGirl found the Mapps items here:

Stones https://web.archive.org/web/20070221013946/http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads4.htm 6th down

Repair Droid https://web.archive.org/web/20070129025548/http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads7.htm 12th down

Thank you.

Paid Item:
    AOA Advanced Ambient Light

No Count
    Genesis 2 Male

Slight postwork (original render is also attached)

Very nice!

Dana

jonttex82 said:

Invasion

This cave on the hillside looks interasting. Someone else might be scared of all these "KEEP OUT!" and "DANGER!" signs, but I'm an explorer, ignoring things like them is kinda what I do. After exploring the cave, what feels like hours, I found the exit (or an alternate entrance, depending how you look at it). Exit leads to a cliff and you look down. "What is this? What's going on? MY GOD, IT'S AN (ALIEN) INVASION!" Yes, you stumbled upon an invasion to be started. And all this is happening right under people's noses, hidden by an invisible camouflage forcefield, which luckily, at the moment anyway, didn't cover the cave entrance. Then you remember there is no such ting as luck and realize, those sighs were put there by these invaders to keep people out 

Not counting: Genesis 1 Male (x2)

1) HD Infinite Rock #
    2) Stargate Final #
    3) Stargate (DHD and gate mound) #
    4) CRUCERO SPACE ARMY (crashed spaceship) #
    5) Space Pirate Ship... be the Captain! #
    6) VALK 2010 Sky-Space craft #
    7) Xenomorph 
    8) Froghemoth
    9) Cylon 
    10) First Order Flame Trooper Armor (blaster rifle was used)
    11) Warhammer Marine #
    12) Spartan Armor (6th item from the top)
    13) Spartan Armor Materials Pack (1st item from the top)
    14) Sailing Yacht #
    15) Airplane #
    16) SAV Famous Hat Collection for M4 #
    17) G2M Leathers #
    18) Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis (part of the "Stephanie 5 Starter Bundle", which is one of the May DAZ Store freeebies for May) #

Background was made with Bryce 7.1 Pro

Oh, oh!   surprise   Good job!

Dana

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643

I am almost done with my entry for this month will post it soon

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Looking forward to seeing it @Saphirewild

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,948

I am working on mine too, maybe I will finish it this weekend.

*crosses fingers @MilsoGulan and @Saphirewild will be finished soon*

Thanks Kismet I am going to need all the luck I can get laugh

jonttex82 said:

Invasion

Well, shoot... there goes the neighborhood!   wink

jonttex82 said:
    jonttex82 said:

Invasion

Like I said in my post background (= sky and water) was created with Bryce, everything else is Studio (including rendering). I haven't used Bryce much as I just got it (was too cheap to pass) and it's also very unstable on my machine.

Ah!  Missed that!  Thanks for the clarification!  yes

DanaTA said:
    SixDs said:

The news from the Hill: A cold front moved in last night and the temperature is around 8 degrees C right now. The northern lights are dancing in a starry sky over the valley. Not very colourful, but putting on a light show nonetheless.

Nice!  I love cold, clear nights.  I've never actually seen the northern lights in real life - sounds like quite a treat!

I've seen them a few times.  Once right in my home city of Fall River, MA.  That was rare.  And it was the type that were a bright red and kind of just glowy.  Saw them once around 1971, while I was visiting Franconia College with a friend, in New Hampshire.  Everyone was partying, and someone ran through the halls yelling, "The Northern Lights, the Northern Lights!"  Everyone went up on the roof, and oooed and ahhhhed.  laugh  Lucky none of us fell off the roof!  laugh 

Dana

LOL!  good thing!  Partying people on the roof... not always a good idea... especially college parties!  wink

Nice to see you back Dana!  haven't seen much of you on the Freebie Challenge threads recently (as if I should talk!)  laugh

*crosses fingers @MilsoGulan and @Saphirewild will be finished soon*

I look forward to seeing your entries too!  Will crossing my toes and eyes help?  cheeky 

DanaTA said:
    SixDs said:

Dana

LOL!  good thing!  Partying people on the roof... not always a good idea... especially college parties!  wink

Nice to see you back Dana!  haven't seen much of you on the Freebie Challenge threads recently (as if I should talk!)  laugh

No forward links at the end of the challenge...no notices (I gave up on notices long ago, I just add a thread to my bookmarks and check for new messages every day), and been busy working on my website, adding features, getting support.

Dana

I am almost done with my entrie just got to tweak them some more I should have them done by the end of this long weekend!!

I am starting right now and lets hope I will be able to finish it for this weekend, if not then I will do it during next week :)

edited May 2016

I have made it :) only thing that I noticed now linking the freebies is that Chohole's site seems to be accessible only trough archive.org http://chohole.ovbi.org

Valley of the Wizard

Done with Daz Studio 4.9

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Victoria 4 and Michael 4 figure

Freebies:

1.) Dragon, Blue

2.) Dragon, Black

3.)* Snowy Terrain

4.)* Fantasy Castle (in the down left corner, very small)

5.)* Rose's Lady of The Nile

6.)* Gothic for Lady of the Nile

7.)* Archer V4 (Last item on the right)

8.)* Cassia Hair

9.)* Francisca for V4.2 (morph)

10.)* CASANDRA V4 Character (textures)

11.)* Flying bathtub

12.)* H4_Yukihiro (for H4/M4Base)

13.)* Jamie Hair Model & Textures

14.) Jamie Hairstyles for M3 & M4

15.)* Earth Mage Texture (2nd from start)

16.)* Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5 (Rendered on Insane)

Paid:
    The Mage

Make a Wish Props

Valley of the Wizard Final.jpg
    1076 x 1076 - 1M
    Valley of the Wizard.jpg
    1076 x 1076 - 992K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Oh dear.     My host told me a couple of weeks ago 

I am being forced to migrate across datacenters, this means that there
    will likely be outages for your data off and on for the next few days
    while I transfer the data and reset the domain addresses.

I will try and contact him and find out if that is still ongoing.

Thank You very much. I just saw that I didn't downloaded textures for Angel of Light for A3 and they are now unavailable for download.

I have made it :) only thing that I noticed now linking the freebies is that Chohole's site seems to be accessible only trough archive.org http://chohole.ovbi.org

Valley of the Wizard

Done with Daz Studio 4.9

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Victoria 4 and Michael 4 figure

Freebies:

1.) Dragon, Blue

2.) Dragon, Black

3.)* Snowy Terrain

4.)* Fantasy Castle (in the down left corner, very small)

5.)* Rose's Lady of The Nile

6.)* Gothic for Lady of the Nile

7.)* Archer V4 (Last item on the right)

8.)* Cassia Hair

9.)* Francisca for V4.2 (morph)

10.)* CASANDRA V4 Character (textures)

11.)* Flying bathtub

12.)* H4_Yukihiro (for H4/M4Base)

13.)* Jamie Hair Model & Textures

14.) Jamie Hairstyles for M3 & M4

15.)* Earth Mage Texture (2nd from start)

16.)* Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5 (Rendered on Insane)

Paid:
    The Mage

Make a Wish Props

I cannot see where item 7 Archer V4 was used.  You still have more than enough free items to qualify.

All links verified

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Please move to Entries Thread.

edited May 2016

Archer was used to cover the breasts on the elven female cleric, I used bodysuit only. Lady of the nile (silver texture) has a bit of them exposed so I needed it to cover it, You can see that black part just below neck, it is not that much visible as I scaled all down to fit size of dragons. About the story there is not much to it except that there are two low level adventurers (with some high level magical items), elven female cleric and human wizard exploring the place and black dragon is chasing blue out of his territory (it should be green but :)).

edited May 2016

I have posted it in the entries thread, and added few lines of the story too :)

edited May 2016

My 3rd entry. After finishing up both options for my 3rd entry, I decided to go with this one, because I think this turned out better.

Almost Magical

When he had bought this cabin middle of nowhere (seriously, you can't find it from any maps), the old man who had owned it, had said that you can see things beyond this cliff, that are almost magical, if you happen to be at right place at the right time. He had expected it to ment some breath taking scenery, but not this. Of course he wouldn't have ever believed, if the old man had told him about this.

Not counting: Genesis 1 Female, Genesis 1 Child, Aldora Hair, Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 3 Male Basic Wear, Armani Hair, Millennium Subdragon

1) DS 4.8 Iray Ghost Shader #
    2) EntrancingWings1 #
    3) WyldeWood for Genesis 1 # 
    4) HD Infinite Rock #
    5) Bugeyed Goldfish Figure #
    6) Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis (part of the "Stephanie 5 Starter Bundle", which is one of the DAZ Store freeebies for May) #
    7) Black Jack #
    8) 5 Petal Fantasy Morphing Flower for Daz Studio 4.6 #
    9) Beach (retextured and used as a lake floor, 3rd item from the top)
    10) SpyGlass V4 & M4 # (held by the man on the cliff)
    11) Genesis Mermaid For DS 4.5 and Up #
    12) Shell Top Bikini of Posette #
    13) Poseable Great White Shark Figure #
    14) Big House Hill (Update) #
    15) Vulcano (13th item from the top)
    16) A calm water terrain #

Paid: Liquid Pack (used for ripples and splashes caused by jumping fish) #

Sky created with Bryce 7.1 Pro
    Rendered with Daz Studio 4.9 Pro Iray

almostmagical4.png
    1037 x 878 - 1M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on
    edited May 2016

Very nice and wonderful choice of freebies, especialy mermaid and ghost shader :) I will have to try them :D, but what about boat, I can't find link for it?

Very nice and wonderful choice of freebies, especialy mermaid and ghost shader :) I will have to try them :D, but what about boat, I can't find link for it?

Do you mean the boat (with the ghost shader) in my render, it's the freebie called Black Jack (#7 on my freebie link list).