3D Art Freebie Challenge ---May: From This Hill I Can See... MAIN Thread

NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
edited May 2016 in Freebies

From This Hill I Can See...

May, the month when flowers are starting to bloom, animals are getting frisky, young animals are being born. Trees are getting greener.  Summer should be just round the corner. ( In the Northenr hemisphere anyway. In the Summer hemisphere it is of course the reverse and Autumn is on the horizon.)

What can you see that is worthy of an image?

What are they doing down in the valley or on the next hill over. 

Let your imagination take you there.

Freebie Challenge Rules

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D
Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D
Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D

2 x HMs  $5 GCs  from  Skywalker77

Any other donations for prizes thankfully accepted.

Contest ends 31st May 2016

Entries Thread

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Oh, now this is really tempting. I actually live in a house nestled into the side of a hill overlooking a river valley.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I think those of use who live a bit higher up than others do get some wonderful views as a daily perk.  I live at almost 1200ft and don't need to walk far to see some wonderful things.

There are always debates as to whether we live on a mountain or a hill.  The locals say it is a mountain,  the mountain experts call it a hill.  And the PTB call the entire Area "The South Wales Valleys"  and our particular area is "The Heads of the Valleys"

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    Chohole said:

I think those of use who live a bit higher up than others do get some wonderful views as a daily perk.  I live at almost 1200ft and don't need to walk far to see some wonderful things.

There are always debates as to whether we live on a mountain or a hill.  The locals say it is a mountain,  the mountain experts call it a hill.  And the PTB call the entire Area "The South Wales Valleys"  and our particular area is "The Heads of the Valleys"

Sounds like a movie they made a few years back with Hugh Grant:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Englishman_Who_Went_up_a_Hill_but_Came_down_a_Mountain

@NeilV_1, count me in for two $5 gift cards for the HMs this month too!  yes

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 298
    edited May 2016

And here comes my first entry. At first I was going to post an extra render I did for the last month's challenge, in which I was not completely happy in context of last month's theme, but it would have fit nicely for this theme. But I then decided to go on and do a completely new render.

Family Outing

No story for this render, I'll let the picture to speak for itself. What I can say is that this render was heavily inspired all those family outings and camping trips we used to do, when I was young. While this situation/scene is completely fictional, just looking at this picture I can feel the sun on my skin, I can smell the water in the lake and hot sand on the beach, as well as to feel the hot sand between my toes.

Not counting: Genesis 2 male (x2), Genesis 2 Female (x2), Wildmane Hair, Basic Hair, SallyMae Hair, Toulouse Hair, Persian Beauty Outfit

# = requires free registration

1) Toilet Paper
    2) Picnic Basket (6th item from the top, the download link does not work on it's own, to download you need to add .zip to the site address that opens up)
    3) Zelte und Rucksack (Camp fire and the log) #
    4) Swimming Trunks #
    5) G2M Casual Shoes #
    6) Genesis 2 Male TShirts #
    7) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers #
    8) Genesis 2 Female Children's Dress #
    9) lifejacket # 
    10) Pile of Wood # 
    11) Wiener (4th item from the top)
    12) Pointy Stuff (used as sausage stick, 8th item from the top)
    13) Beach (used as beach and water base, 3rd item from the top)
    14) Fishermens Row Boat(18 Century) #
    15) AllenArt Drinking Glass prop for Iray with shaders #
    16) Lemonade Jug (3rd item below the Picnics header)
    17) Grass Prop #
    18) Garden Table #
    19) Dinnerware Set (plate was used) 

familyouting.png
    1390 x 878 - 2M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    jonttex82 said:

And here comes my first entry. At first I was going to post an extra render I did for the last month's challenge, in which I was not completely happy in context of last month's theme, but it would have fit nicely for this theme. But I then decided to go on and do a completely new render.

Family Outing

No story for this render, I'll let the picture to speak for itself. What I can say is that this render was heavily inspired all those family outings and camping trips we used to do, when I was young. While this situation/scene is completely fictional, just looking at this picture I can feel the sun on my skin, I can smell the water in the lake and hot sand on the beach, as well as to feel the hot sand between my toes.

Not counting: Genesis 2 male (x2), Genesis 2 Female (x2), Wildmane Hair, Basic Hair, SallyMae Hair, Toulouse Hair, Persian Beauty Outfit

1) Toilet Paper
    2) Picnic Basket (6th item from the top, the download link does not work on it's own, to download you need to add .zip to the site address that opens up)
    3) Zelte und Rucksack (Camp fire and the log) #
    4) Swimming Trunks #
    5) G2M Casual Shoes #
    6) Genesis 2 Male TShirts #
    7) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers #
    8) Genesis 2 Female Children's Dress #
    9) lifejacket # 
    10) Pile of Wood # 
    11) Wiener (4th item from the top)
    12) Pointy Stuff (used as sausage stick, 8th item from the top)
    13) Beach (used as beach and water base, 3rd item from the top)
    14) Fishermens Row Boat(18 Century) #
    15) AllenArt Drinking Glass prop for Iray with shaders #
    16) Lemonade Jug (3rd item below the Picnics header)
    17) Grass Prop #
    18) Garden Table #
    19) Dinnerware Set (plate was used) 

What a great scene.  They certainly look like they are having a good time.

I confirmed that adding .zip to the picnic basket gives you the download needed.

All links verified

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Please moved to Entries Thread.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited May 2016

Title: How Strange is My Valley
    Created in 4.8 using 3Delight No post work except to put signature on image.

Who doesn't love a good Sci-Fi twist to a theme.

Freebies:
    Environment: City * Apocalyspse by Mortem Vetus.
    Environment: City * Scifi Floating City by herminio.
    Environment: City: Traffic Dystopia SkyTraffic by Stonemason. Down on the lower edge of the window you will see Downloads. Click on this. Click on first picture in first row.
    Environment: Cliff * Avatar Rocks Props by CS.
    Environment: Grasses * Deadgrass by Traveler.
    Environment: Haze * FX Daz Studio by JeffersonAF.
    Environment: Road SF Roadways by Mapps.
    Environment: Rocks Andi3d Rocks by Andi3d Mortemvetus.
    Environment: Sky * Skydome Expansion 1 by glaseye.
    Environment: Tree Psytree3 by Dreampaint.
    Envrionment: Ground Morphing ground prop by Porsimo. Second one down
    Moon Girl: Outfit * Encounter V4 by fleshforge.
    Moon Girl: Pose * Neural Implant! for V4 by 3-d-c.
    Shader: Clothing * Super Shine Shader - TopCoat for DAZ|Studio 1.7 by Marianne Gilliand.
    Shader: Rocks: Texture * Tiling Texture Pack 13 by Yughues aka Nobiax.

No Counts.
    The following freebies are no longer available. Environment: Grass Fungi by Designfera.
    Environment: Grass Super Nature Addon by Biscuits.
    Environment: Lighting Light Pre-sets for DAZ Studio by Edheldil. Can use these lights that go with the skydome: http://www.sharecg.com/v/61695/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/UberEnvironment2-Light-set5-for-SkyDome-Exp5
    Environment: Moon Raven Moon Prop by Thorne.

Moon Girl: Base * Victoria 4.2 Base by DAZ 3D.
    * indicates free registration is required.

Thanks for looking

HowStrangeMyValley-DAZ.jpg
    800 x 450 - 261K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
    DollyGirl said:

Freebies:
    Environment: City * Apocalyspse by Mortem Vetus.
    Environment: City * Scifi Floating City by herminio.
    Environment: City: Traffic Dystopia SkyTraffic by Stonemason. Down on the lower edge of the window you will see Downloads. Click on this. Click on first picture in first row.
    Environment: Cliff * Avatar Rocks Props by CS.
    Environment: Grasses * Deadgrass by Traveler.
    Environment: Haze * FX Daz Studio by JeffersonAF.
    Environment: Road SF Roadways by Mapps.
    Environment: Rocks Andi3d Rocks by Andi3d Mortemvetus.
    Environment: Sky * Skydome Expansion 1 by glaseye.
    Environment: Tree Psytree3 by Dreampaint.
    Envrionment: Ground Morphing ground prop by Porsimo. Second one down
    Moon Girl: Outfit * Encounter V4 by fleshforge.
    Moon Girl: Pose * Neural Implant! for V4 by 3-d-c.
    Shader: Clothing * Super Shine Shader - TopCoat for DAZ|Studio 1.7 by Marianne Gilliand.
    Shader: Rocks: Texture * Tiling Texture Pack 13 by Yughues aka Nobiax.

No Counts.
    The following freebies are no longer available. Environment: Grass Fungi by Designfera.
    Environment: Grass Super Nature Addon by Biscuits.
    Environment: Lighting Light Pre-sets for DAZ Studio by Edheldil. Can use these lights that go with the skydome: http://www.sharecg.com/v/61695/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/UberEnvironment2-Light-set5-for-SkyDome-Exp5
    Environment: Moon Raven Moon Prop by Thorne.

Moon Girl: Base * Victoria 4.2 Base by DAZ 3D.
    * indicates free registration is required.

Thanks for looking

Great image @DollyGirl

The very first link for Environment: City * Apocalyspse by Mortem Vetus. brings up a warning page with a notice that the product is unavailable.  Could it have been moved to DAZ with Mortem Vetus' other products?

All your other links work and have been verified.  You have more than enough to qualify.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Please move to Entries Thread

Thanks Kismet. I fixed the link to point to his site. I guess I need to update a few more of his.

The news from the Hill: well, the foxes are making a racket tonight down along the river. Mating season. The spring peepers have been quiet so far, but its early yet and it has been a dry spring. No appreciable rain so far and none expected for at least another week. The forest is getting pretty dry so it will be good for everything to get a few good days of rain.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    SixDs said:

The news from the Hill: well, the foxes are making a racket tonight down along the river. Mating season. The spring peepers have been quiet so far, but its early yet and it has been a dry spring. No appreciable rain so far and none expected for at least another week. The forest is getting pretty dry so it will be good for everything to get a few good days of rain.

I'll send you smoe of mine...after a whole week of it, I've had enough...and I'll even send you some spring peepers...the noise makes it hard to sleep.

Unfortunately, mjc, all of your weather usually ends up heading out over the Atlantic if I have your geography correct. We can sometimes send you ours, but it doesn't work the other way around. But thanks for the offer!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    SixDs said:

Unfortunately, mjc, all of your weather usually ends up heading out over the Atlantic if I have your geography correct.

Usually after dumping much of its moisture content on us...

DollyGirl said:

Thanks Kismet. I fixed the link to point to his site. I guess I need to update a few more of his.

Thanks @DollyGirl.  Link works great now.

The news from the Hill: A cold front moved in last night and the temperature is around 8 degrees C right now. The northern lights are dancing in a starry sky over the valley. Not very colourful, but putting on a light show nonetheless.

edited May 2016
    SixDs said:

The news from the Hill: A cold front moved in last night and the temperature is around 8 degrees C right now. The northern lights are dancing in a starry sky over the valley. Not very colourful, but putting on a light show nonetheless.

Nice!  I love cold, clear nights.  I've never actually seen the northern lights in real life - sounds like quite a treat!

Post edited by Sky77 on
    jonttex82 said:

Family Outing

Shoot!  I missed some entries already?! 

@jonttex82

Nice work!  Looks like their having a great time at the lake -  now I'm wishing it were summer!  

Really nice water effect that you created.

DollyGirl said:

@DollyGirl

I do!  wink  

Fantastic retro space outfit!   This really reminds me of those 60's sci fi movie posters!   

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643
    DollyGirl said:

@DollyGirl

I do!  wink  

Fantastic retro space outfit!   This really reminds me of those 60's sci fi movie posters!   

It does me too Sky, I am waiting to see the spaceshp come flying up from behind the buildings and wisk her away to another far away planet!!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643

I am still working away at my first entry will have it posted here as soon as it finally gets done and rendered!!!

I am still working away at my first entry will have it posted here as soon as it finally gets done and rendered!!!

Looking forward to seeing it @Saphirewild

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252
    edited May 2016

Title: Sunset on the Hill

Every now and then Jared would take his bike and drive to the nearby hills to enjoy the sunset far away from the bustle of the city.

Rendered in Daz 4.8 with 3DLight

Items used:
    * indicates that registration is needed

*WC Brogran for G2M

Kozaburo All Back Hair

*G2M Leathers

*HD Infinite Rock

*Sci-Fi Downtown City (OBJ)

*Terra Speeder (OBJ)

*Ultra Bike (OBJ)

*MX-52 Tricycle (OBJ)

*Multi Purpose Shuttle MPS 2A "Beaver"

*TOS Trek era CV Craft

*Leaf Trees

*Skydome
    *and Expansion1 (I believe)

*Dandelion Prop

*Fast Metals from  Ultimate Shader Pack

These were also used but Renderosity shows an "exceeded bandwidth" at the moment so I am not sure if they are no count now.

*Mapps Morphing Stone

*Repair Droid
    The wayback machine might be used to get them from their site (look for http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/)

Edit: DollyGirl found the Mapps items here:

Stones https://web.archive.org/web/20070221013946/http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads4.htm 6th down

Repair Droid https://web.archive.org/web/20070129025548/http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads7.htm 12th down

Thank you.

Paid Item:
    AOA Advanced Ambient Light

No Count
    Genesis 2 Male

Slight postwork (original render is also attached)

SunsetOnTheHill_selias19.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 125K
    SunsetOnTheHill_Post_selias19.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 193K
    Post edited by selias19 on

Time for my second entry.

Invasion

This cave on the hillside looks interasting. Someone else might be scared of all these "KEEP OUT!" and "DANGER!" signs, but I'm an explorer, ignoring things like them is kinda what I do. After exploring the cave, what feels like hours, I found the exit (or an alternate entrance, depending how you look at it). Exit leads to a cliff and you look down. "What is this? What's going on? MY GOD, IT'S AN (ALIEN) INVASION!" Yes, you stumbled upon an invasion to be started. And all this is happening right under people's noses, hidden by an invisible camouflage forcefield, which luckily, at the moment anyway, didn't cover the cave entrance. Then you remember there is no such ting as luck and realize, those sighs were put there by these invaders to keep people out 

Not counting: Genesis 1 Male (x2)

1) HD Infinite Rock #
    2) Stargate Final #
    3) Stargate (DHD and gate mound) #
    4) CRUCERO SPACE ARMY (crashed spaceship) #
    5) Space Pirate Ship... be the Captain! #
    6) VALK 2010 Sky-Space craft #
    7) Xenomorph 
    8) Froghemoth
    9) Cylon 
    10) First Order Flame Trooper Armor (blaster rifle was used)
    11) Warhammer Marine #
    12) Spartan Armor (6th item from the top)
    13) Spartan Armor Materials Pack (1st item from the top)
    14) Sailing Yacht #
    15) Airplane #
    16) SAV Famous Hat Collection for M4 #
    17) G2M Leathers #
    18) Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis (part of the "Stephanie 5 Starter Bundle", which is one of the May DAZ Store freeebies for May) #

Background was made with Bryce 7.1 Pro

invasion2.png
    1394 x 878 - 2M
    selias19 said:

Title: Sunset on the Hill

Every now and then Jared would take his bike and drive to the nearby hills to enjoy the sunset far away from the bustle of the city.

Rendered in Daz 4.8 with 3DLight

Items used:
    * indicates that registration is needed

*WC Brogran for G2M

Kozaburo All Back Hair

*G2M Leathers

*HD Infinite Rock

*Sci-Fi Downtown City (OBJ)

*Terra Speeder (OBJ)

*Ultra Bike (OBJ)

*MX-52 Tricycle (OBJ)

*Multi Purpose Shuttle MPS 2A "Beaver"

*TOS Trek era CV Craft

*Leaf Trees

*Skydome
    *and Expansion1 (I believe)

*Dandelion Prop

*Fast Metals from  Ultimate Shader Pack

These were also used but Renderosity shows an "exceeded bandwidth" at the moment so I am not sure if they are no count now.

*Mapps Morphing Stone

*Repair Droid
    The wayback machine might be used to get them from their site (look for http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/)

Paid Item:
    AOA Advanced Ambient Light

No Count
    Genesis 2 Male

Slight postwork (original render is also attached)

I had the same problem with the 2 items from Renderosity but the pop up window does indicate they are freebies so hopefully they will be available later for anyone that would like to try them.

You have more than enough free items to qualify.  All the other links have been verified.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

jonttex82 said:

Time for my second entry.

Invasion

This cave on the hillside looks interasting. Someone else might be scared of all these "KEEP OUT!" and "DANGER!" signs, but I'm an explorer, ignoring things like them is kinda what I do. After exploring the cave, what feels like hours, I found the exit (or an alternate entrance, depending how you look at it). Exit leads to a cliff and you look down. "What is this? What's going on? MY GOD, IT'S AN (ALIEN) INVASION!" Yes, you stumbled upon an invasion to be started. And all this is happening right under people's noses, hidden by an invisible camouflage forcefield, which luckily, at the moment anyway, didn't cover the cave entrance. Then you remember there is no such ting as luck and realize, those sighs were put there by these invaders to keep people out 

Not counting: Genesis 1 Male (x2)

1) HD Infinite Rock #
    2) Stargate Final #
    3) Stargate (DHD and gate mound) #
    4) CRUCERO SPACE ARMY (crashed spaceship) #
    5) Space Pirate Ship... be the Captain! #
    6) VALK 2010 Sky-Space craft #
    7) Xenomorph 
    8) Froghemoth
    9) Cylon 
    10) First Order Flame Trooper Armor (blaster rifle was used)
    11) Warhammer Marine #
    12) Spartan Armor (6th item from the top)
    13) Spartan Armor Materials Pack (1st item from the top)
    14) Sailing Yacht #
    15) Airplane #
    16) SAV Famous Hat Collection for M4 #
    17) G2M Leathers #
    18) Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis (part of the "Stephanie 5 Starter Bundle", which is one of the May DAZ Store freeebies for May) #

Background was made with Bryce 7.1 Pro

All links verified.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Some really good entries again this month.  You guys are going to make it another tough decision for the judges.

Here are the current links to Mapps items. Wayback is the only way to get them now. Site has been down for a very long time.

Stones https://web.archive.org/web/20070221013946/http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads4.htm 6th down

Repair Droid https://web.archive.org/web/20070129025548/http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads7.htm 12th down

Liking the Sci-Fi theme going on. I so do love Science Fiction.

DollyGirl said:

Liking the Sci-Fi theme going on. I so do love Science Fiction.

I like Sci-Fi too and have been working with Babylon 5 themed renders these last couple of days (it's my favorite TV-property of all time), now that I found some 3D models based on the show.

My last entry won't be sci-fi. Other one of my ideas do have a smal hint of it, but it's mostly "What the heck!" kind of thing, while the other idea is pure fantasy (and easier to pulll off with freebies).

DollyGirl said:

Here are the current links to Mapps items. Wayback is the only way to get them now. Site has been down for a very long time.

Thank you DollyGirl.  Usefull freebies.

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252
    DollyGirl said:

Thanks. I tried yesterday but even the wayback-machine was not working for me. It could be that I simply had a bad internet connection though.

I will add those links to my post.