Bryce Mentoring DVD (not a commercial but it could be)

LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
edited September 2012 in Bryce Discussion

Well, I hope my fellow Brycers who feel they need help polishing thier skills took advantage of the PA sale when it applied to David and Horo's stores, to get their Mentoring DVD. I mean at full price it is still a good buy because it has so much in it but at 50% off you'd be foolish not to snap that bargin up. If by chance people missed it hopefully at the end of the PA sale they'll do that one day catch up thing they do where they put all who were on sale back on sale for a day or two?

Anyway I was skimming thru the contents and was delighted to find a scene that is perfectly suited to finally explore the question of which is faster, Phillip Drawbridge's Drag Trike or his Quad Racer?

Now I know the scene was meant for being viewed a little further away then I currently have the camera but I was wondering, within the tutorials that describe the process of adding a road to a terrain will it teach me how to adjust things to make it stand up to closer scrutiny?

The_Race.png
800 x 446 - 485K
Post edited by LordHardDriven on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,154
    edited December 1969

Thank you for using and promoting this product. Good job in such a short time.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Thank you for using and promoting this product. Good job in such a short time.

Well this is what I call playing around, which I love to do with David's scenes because they're so good it's so easy to just add a little something and get a satisfying scene. I didn't actually follow a tutorial and create the scene but rather just used one of the scenes that comes on the DVD and added the vehicles.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Haven't gandered yet, still trying to get my pull toy finished. Plus, have a small wood working project to finish.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,154
    edited December 1969

Well this is what I call playing around, which I love to do with David's scenes because they're so good it's so easy to just add a little something and get a satisfying scene. I didn't actually follow a tutorial and create the scene but rather just used one of the scenes that comes on the DVD and added the vehicles.

Exactly. Playing around. That's how we figured out most of it and it's fun, besides.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited September 2012

Horo said:

Exactly. Playing around. That's how we figured out most of it and it's fun, besides.

Somehow though I think your's and David's idea of playing around is a bit more techincally involved then adding a new element to an otherwise completed scene. :)

Mine kind of goes back to when I was a kid, long before computers and 3D Art. I used to take a blank piece of paper, close my eyes and sort of scribble a pattern on it. Then I would open my eyes, look at the scribble and the build a more realistic picture out of and around the scribble. Now that's not to suggest any of the scenes you guys put on the DVD are scribbles, far from it. The similarity is that I look at these scenes and say to myself "what else could or would belong in this scene to make it more then just a landscape?"

Post edited by LordHardDriven on