koi or other freshwater fish

I could certainly use some non saltwater fish like koi for some lake and pool renders. In fact some new fish would be awesome.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Thanks Charlie. I tend not to use freebie models though because I like to use content commercially and often the terms of use are unclear.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,385

Thanks Charlie. I tend not to use freebie models though because I like to use content commercially and often the terms of use are unclear.

I'm not sure about the Toucan ones but the ones at ShareCG and Turbosquid look like they are OK for commmercial use.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited May 2016

The ShareCG one is Toucan's...and has been modified/adapted with full permissions.

Now here's a safe goldfish...it's CC0/Public Domain...

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/38330

it's a static mesh but does render nicely...

goldfish.png
    400 x 400 - 34K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,385
    mjc1016 said:

The ShareCG one is Toucan's...and has been modified/adapted with full permissions.

The useage rights on that one state "Commercial renders OK, contents not for redistribution"; but I couldn't find anything on useage rights for the ones at his site.

These items may be used on any website, including those for businesses. You may modify any of the content as you like. Selling content on the web or by other media and redistributed is prohibited.

Terms for the fish from the site...

edited May 2016

Thanks!

I confess I've been burned before by Sharecg. I like the site, but sometimes items in the commercial use section have readmes that contradict or are confusing. I just gave up after a while. I've learned not to trust items in the commercial use category because sometimes they aren't. Or they require attribution, which doesn't fly with a lot of companies.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Or they require attribution, which doesn't fly with a lot of companies.

Attribution = credits...and if a company has a problem with that, then I'd think twice about doing business with them.  Any kind of 'art' should be EXPECTED to have a long list of credits attached to it.  In fact, I think it's a bit overblown on that expectation...

edited May 2016

I actually disagree. I don't buy products which require attribution. Saves me a ton of time. I don't use freebies which require it either. I pay for the privilige of not having to do that. 

That's fine...and no, paid for content with a license that allows it doesn't need attribution, that's part of what you are paying for.  The problem is 'Or they require attribution, which doesn't fly with a lot of companies.' 

Would you be happy, that after completing a project for a company that they stripped all credit for your work from it?

My experience has been that most I've dealt with err on the side of over doing the attribution...to the point of inanity.

edited May 2016

Yep I hear that. I don't really care too much for atrribution if I get paid personally. My skills are improving at such a rate, that I may reallynot want to caim older work as it tend to look more amaeturish over time. 

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

How close will your camera be? Secret Graveyard by Merlin has some koi that are kind of like fish.