Iray lights & render settings with every product sold

I wish vendors would add lights and render settings to their products. It's so hard for many people to figure out Iray settings and getting the set to look like it does in the promo. Thanks.

Comments

• I think part if the reason they do not include lights and settings is because they want to see the buyers interpretation of their character or environment.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

Not every PA creates their own lights. In some cases they use other peoples products and could not legaly include the lighting.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I do admit I like  it when pa's do thi though. Fred winkler used to include some of the best lights with his characters.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,078

I usually use sets, or combinations of- and try to include that in the promotional notes so people can see what I've used and if they have them.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    Khory said:

Not every PA creates their own lights. In some cases they use other peoples products and could not legaly include the lighting.

Khory's lights were used in my promos as well as popping HDRIs into the render settings for others.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747

That would be great if vendors just listed a link to the lights they used in the store and the render settings they used. The only documentation I've been able to find is what pops up when you click on a product in DAZ connect which doesn't say much. I wish they would also list where the products installed to, because I often have to do searches where to find things or don't see the product at all and forget I even bought it until I'm browsing the store and uncheck hide items I own and realize I bought something but have no idea where it installed! And it would be great if that info was listed right on the product page as well as other products used in promos like hair :)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

I know that my lighting products for Iray have included the render settings for the tone mapping and scene. But, based on what I have seen posted most of the others use the default settings. I am also going to guess that those that set up their own unique lighting use the default much of the time since they are lighting for the products to be easy to see. I also think that PA's are far better about listing products used than the guys who do the Daz promos. I doubt that will change until they are clued in that it is something customers really desire.

Product information is available via DIM ( look at the I for information) or looking up the skew number in the online docs.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,477

I include the promo lights and render setting with my environments. The latest 10-12 included iray if noted. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747

OK, great. It seems like the PAs are doing it more often, at least the ones that posted. But I haven't seen it on PC items, at least the one I'm working on now and having trouble with. But I'm brand new to Iray and DS, so having all kinds of problems still LOL...