Searching for Ankh pendant for Genesis and/or M4

kimhkimh Posts: 386
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

I am not having much luck finding an Ankh pendant for male character. Preferably for Genesis but M4 would do in a pinch. I need it for the coverart I have been commissioned to do (author's request for the main character) so needs to allow commecial artwork. Texture doesn't matter as I can re-texture but would prefer it on a cord rather than chain. Prefer it to be inexpensive as I have a limit on the purchase items and need to save that for the one character (really hoping for a PA catchup sale :-)). Anybody come across one in their travels. There is one for V4 over at RDNA which is kind of my backup plan but hoping someone can steer me to a Genesis/M4 version

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

You mention a set over at Rendo. Is it Tanya? That's been around for a long time, so maybe something you already have? It's got an Ankh necklace, earrings and headpiece. You don't have to use the necklace part, either. Just hide all the surfaces except the Ankh and then manually parent it to another necklace/cord and scale/position it yourself.

I did that with the headpiece from the set for The Anu-Naki Witch (mildly NSFW) character I created. I hid all the mat zones except for the Ankh and then manually adjusted the headpiece positioning to lower it a bit on her forehead and then made it into an emitter.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

I know someone made an ankh pendant on a cord for both M4 and Genesis. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you where to find it 'cause it wasn't at one of the major stores. :(

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited September 2012

cwichura said:
    You mention a set over at Rendo. Is it Tanya? That's been around for a long time, so maybe something you already have? It's got an Ankh necklace, earrings and headpiece. You don't have to use the necklace part, either. Just hide all the surfaces except the Ankh and then manually parent it to another necklace/cord and scale/position it yourself.

That's a pretty set but no it wasn't over at Rendo it's at Runtime DNA. It's by Nathy and is the V4 Ankh Jewel. http://www.runtimedna.com/V4-Ankh-Jewel.html
    It's almost exactly what I'm looking for but would like something a little more masculine looking (broader and heavier)
    plus if it's made for Genesis then it means less fitting adjustments

Post edited by kimh on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Aha! I found it: right here. It's just for M4, looks like, but it is masculine and on a cord and does look quite nice.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Something like this?

ankh.png
    960 x 540 - 91K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

kimh said:
    would like something a little more masculine looking (broader and heavier)
    plus if it's made for Genesis then it means less fitting adjustments

broader + heavier might be faked by adjusting the X and Z scale while leaving the Y scale alone.

Most necklaces I find are implemented as props, rather than conformers, so shouldn't really care much if you apply them to a Gen4 figure or to Genesis.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Something like this?

That's perfect :-)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I don't have a cord for it, yet...

When do you need it?

I've got one item I'm packing up before I can get on with a cord.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Nathalie and Subgraphick have a relatively inexpensive set for M4 at Renderosity: Gothic Spirit contains ankh necklace and earrings.

Karth has a set for V4 at Renderosity free stuff, but since it's just a smart prop, scaling it up to match M4/Genesis male scale shouldn't be a major issue.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I don't have a cord for it, yet...

When do you need it?

I've got one item I'm packing up before I can get on with a cord.

I don't have to deliver the art until November so I've got some time. It's the finishing touch on the main character but I have other things to work on