Help! I lost the Base figure at the opening!

chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I tried to install DAZ Studio-4.5.0.114_Mac64, and the end it tells me something is not there ( I forgot what and I dare to go over the installation process to find out ) I cannot complete with the installation, so I decided to abort the installation. After that, when I opened my original Daz 4, at the opening it says one or more files cannot be found. The result is: my Genesis base figure disappeared.

Well, I was intending to install DAZ studio 4.5 and Genesis Starter Essentials anyways, so I figured maybe I should go install Genesis Starter Essentials instead. I did, and, Still the same, Genesis guy never showed up ever again and at the opening DS always tells me no importer for some files cannot be found.

this s bad, now I have to go to look for the basic male and female in order to do anything, my Smart Content shows nothing and now this....
What a headache... help, anyone?

Post edited by chriswongbiz on

Comments

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited September 2012

By the way, this is how my Basic Male have always looked, there is something really wrong here. So even if I use it as a base model to merge with something, it turned out freaky. And if i use the basic female to change to a male figure, it is just not the same as a real male body, so what can I do, anyone, please?

Image removed for nudity

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

And now I found out that the AutoFit is screwed up as well.

Can someone please tell me how to change upgrade from Daz Studio 4.0 Pro to Daz Studio 4.5 step by step properly????

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited September 2012

A few things are going on. When you install DS4.5 it uninstalls the default content included with DS4.0, which is why Genesis is missing. To reinstall it you need to install DS4.0 again. The Genesis Starter Essentials, which is the default content for DS4.5, uses a new file type for user-facing files, .duf, so DS4.0 won't see them.

The problem with the basic male shape looks like you tried putting an M4 texture on it without changing the UV set on the Surfaces tab to M4 -- Genesis defaults to the V4 UV set.

As for what went wrong with the DS4.5 install, you'll need to run it again and tell us exactly what error message you got.

ETA: I recommend uninstalling the DAZ Content Management Service manually before installing DS4.5, as that is NOT automatically uninstalled.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

ETA: I recommend uninstalling the DAZ Content Management Service manually before installing DS4.5, as that is NOT automatically uninstalled.

How do you uninstall the DAZ Content Management Service Manually?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There should be an uninstall link along with the Start and Stop links.