Natural Lip Textures

I've noticed that the one thing that constantly thwarts my attempts at realism are the lips on a lot of characters.  Each come with a ton of make up selections, but very few and sometimes no natural lips without gloss or makeup,  even on young and pre-teen.   It would be nice if we had something like the "Actual Eyes" kits, and someone did some "Actual Lips". 

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,748

I've noticed it's really hard to create natural lips in Iray, I've been trying to do it myself... Lips that look great on the texure map change drastically with Iray. Maybe have no Iray materials on the lips? Keep them plain, otherwise it seems almost impossible to avoid the gloss. I was trying for hours the other day to get natural lips but they either look too dry or too glossy and even the color changes strangely. I guess there must be a goldilocks setting but I haven't found it yet...  Hmm, maybe I'll check out the settings on the male lips, they have to look natural!

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

I can get halfway decent effects with Iray, but the same scene in Reality looks comical.  I'm going to have to hit the tuts this weekend.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited April 2016

Iray textures for both genders tend to have too much gloss. This can be combatted by copying the surface of the skin of the head and placing it in the lip tab and replacing the texture. But it would be nice if the default male texture was not glossy.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905
    edited April 2016

Post edited by Oso3D on