Problem with Jade Tiger Hair - can't change color/materials

I am getting error messages when I try to change the hair color for Jade Tiger Hair.

I'm using it with a Gen 2 Figure, and it parents fine and animates & looks great, but I can only load it with the default color. If I try to change the materials to anything else in the smart panel materials, I get error messages.

The only way I've been able to change the color is by manually changing the base color of the default hair, this is fine for dark hair, but obviously doesn't help if I want to change to a lighter color, or the anime pink.

Anybody else having issues?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What is the error message?

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

It says to check my error logs, but I'm not sure where to find those for DAZ

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

ok,

Selected node(s) not a valid hierarchy
    Error reading file, see log for more details.

Do you have the root node of the hair selected?

YesI've tried selecting both the Jade Hair node and Jade Scalp node. I get the same error regardless.

OK, I loaded a new figure and new scene and noticed something odd. Now the Jade Hair is parented to Jade Scalp, and  now half the materials work, not sure if the Iray or 3Delight materials are working as they aren't labeled.

So I'm not sure how the parenting of the hair to the scalp got screwed up on the first figure, but secondly, there are still only half the materials working.

OK, I manually went to the Iray folder where the colors are located, and it is the Iray materials that are working, so I'm happy with that. (The 3Delight materials are not working for whatever reason, but I only use Iray, so this doesn't bother me. Thanks for your help!)