zero figure can not work well

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

lets check it. please :)

now I load ,saved duf scene file. (beforezero.jpg)

then I want to reset genesis shape and pose.

so select zero figure from top menu.

every morph default value keep zero, ofcourse I did not save " morphs" with other value.

can you understand where is problem?

I think it is because someuser can not work well about expression or pose of saved file.

ofcourse user should be carefully about controller,
but I think if user select zero figure, it must turned every parameter of genesis to zero.

or just reset to your saved scene before, .I can understand.

now ds " zero figure" is not both of them.
so I hope daz will correct it.

afterzero.JPG
909 x 616 - 115K
beforezero.JPG
867 x 603 - 111K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure what you are complaining about - the scale being 100% instead of 0?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited September 2012

if you zero figure, (or zero pose and zero shape), do not you think her face must turn zero expression.

do not you think so?

her ? fece keep wink and lip turned , you can see easily. of course I do not tweak any dial,
    after zero figure.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

How did you apply the Expression with Lip and Wink to Genesis? Was it in the Parameters tab?

Have you tried loading a new Genesis figure to see if it is correct when it loads?

In the Parameters tab, select 'All', and that will show you what morphs are currently used.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited September 2012

Yes,, Jimimy. :) you are right.

it caused when I apply " hide face expression morphs of pose control group", which be visible
    when you change setting of each tab. tusually hey are labelled same name with the ctrl morphs.

I made the face now, so I understand clearly how to correct it.
    user can see it easily and recognize clearly, when just apply some morphs.
    I remember it. "I used hide expression morphs,,"

but manycase , foreget which morph applyed your figure, and saved.

and load the figure or scene, and reuse the sceane or merged another genesis.

if the setting has changed, they can not find which morph has changed.

so I think and hope, zero figure must turn zero about every morphs.
    (I do not say complain, butI think, there is no meaning only hide parameter remain the value,
    when use zero figure, or zero pose.)

hideparameter.JPG
    936 x 573 - 100K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Ah, I see :)

Well I am glad I was a little help anyway.

I had no idea that Zero did not work on hidden morphs. I think it should give you the option of zeroing hidden morphs as well. It could be very confusing fro trying to zero figures in saved scenes if that is not done.

I wonder what other people think?

edited December 1969

I am happy because Jimmy can understand what I want to say and hope:lol:

yes, you help me . and if some new comer check zero figure and serch it ,

if he find this topic, and may understand how to correct it.

(I dare say, many beteran user, or nice forum guys forget how to use more simply and easy for many user)

of course I know about controller now, but actually if I did not stuck this forum and check almost everyday topic,

I can never understand how to use controller clearly.

of course I made mistake on purose (it is not good to use hide face expression morphs ,
    and user may use only visible parameter. but I know, many user will be use hide parameter.
    because they need it. and as for me, I could not clearly find the difference "real ctrl of expression which you
    can see when you select the node by posecontroller", and hide face moprhs which controlled by them.

because I could change face, by the hide controller. so I used it often.
    but if it cause trouble about some case, I would check it before..

so I say complain ;-)DAZ need more clear information for user about daz studiio . and their products for ds.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Yeah it is annoying when you hit zero figure and the hidden morphs don't zero out. I've got EJ Easy Face but they don't get zeroed out.