Free, but not free?

cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409
edited April 2016 in The Commons

The Promo picture of the new light probe tool http://www.daz3d.com/light-probe-tool says: A simple free prop ...

... which costs 9,95$.

Something doesn't fit.

Post edited by cherpenbeck on

Comments

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Nice Catch....

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The first sentence/paragraph states the tool is free as well:

"Here's a free simple little utility prop for Daz Studio and Iray to help test your lighting and tonal values.There are 4 spheres and a gizmo to show direction of your HDR map."

I'd say it's pretty obvious Predatron had no intentions of charging for the tool.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

We have sent in a query.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

Yeah, I saw it an hour ago and thought I'd just wait it out to see if things changed. Still has it listed though. 

But if you want to use that as the fourth thing,  better hurry!

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

It also says that it works with the default HDRi - will it also work with any HDRi. It doesn't look like it comes with any directions.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I was just going to post an inquiry for this when I saw your post, so I will wait for an answer here.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,386
    L'Adair said:

"Here's a free simple little utility prop for Daz Studio and Iray to help test your lighting and tonal values.There are 4 spheres and a gizmo to show direction of your HDR map."

I'd say it's pretty obvious Predatron had no intentions of charging for the tool.

Looks like they have changed the description and are going for the money.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,784

From the people that brought you "DAZ Soon"... "DAZ Free"!

+1

So much for generosity

L'Adair said:

Looks like they need help proofing the images and descriptions. I'm available, for a bit of store credit per product proofed. wink

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited April 2016

It hath been fixed... all words of "free" are gone....

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

+1

indeed! 

+2!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

Well, actually it's a good thing for people who are buying 4 things- you get more off the other products than you do the price of that one item. And the gift card discount can pretty much pay for the product too, depending on the amount of the g.c. But if you're not getting 4 things, ugh. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

Looks like they need help proofing the images and descriptions. I'm available, for a bit of store credit per product proofed. wink

You want to steal that poor hamster's job?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

It looks like Daz has done it again. Thanks to listen to us customers daz NOT Really!  No sale today from me,    Daz requires in order to get any discount at all that I spend my money on a new release to get a percentage discount off on a FirstBastion item in my wish list.  I know its not Daz's fault our budget has gotten tighter.   But with my budget I have now. If I buy a new release item that is required I will not have the money for the item in my wish which I need or want for a project.  compared to a item I don't really want or need but would have to get, in order to get  the discount which would leave me with no money for the wish listed item . .. So it looks like I'll be passing on this sale today  and my content will continue to sit in my wish list like always ...  Another day , another disappointment. Oh well

edited April 2016

Wow ! it looks like a good day after all & fortune smiled on me. During what I though was gonna be a futile search effort for a 3d models of a Divided highway like what FirstBastion has   I found a Highway construction set on sale at turbo squid today  that is almost exactly the same , accept I can construct the highway to my needs because it also came with off and on ramps.. it was just what I needed  for 12 bucks @ 2/3 the cost of what I originally wanted here,.( Thanks the gods for Google..)lol .  I guess that is how thing will have to be for me at the moment. I'm Sorry daz I had to take this sale somewhere else.  so please don't take it as an offense. I have to spend my money where i can afford to. So keep up the good work. :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,386

Hurrah for DAZ. They just changed the price to FREE.

Thanks, DAZ

Taozen said:
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

You want to steal that poor hamster's job?

lol... Sure. Why not?

Thank you Daz for making the light probe tool a freebie.  I broke down and bought the Tunnel Traffic set and got that off my wishlist to add to my highway project. I have a new street racing animation I'm working on so thats why all the gravity & whining about the highway models and sales practices.  I also just got hit with a new insurance bill it looks like my employee based health insurance is going up GRRR  everything going up but my pay. maybe time to look for a new job

• Well I was originally going to get the probe tool and two other items.  Had them in my cart and everything.  Decided I didn't want to spend any more money.  Then the price of the probe tool went to zero in the cart.  So I came back here to see what was happening.  So I now had thee items, and one of them was free, so naturally I had to pick up a fourth item for the discount, and there was this one item from Orkanson's back catalog that I had on my wish list, so naturally it went in the cart, and wow, that makes gift cerificates 16% off...

Darn you DAZ, why did you have to make those probes free?  It cost me $200 cheeky

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

The first hit is free..... ;)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Am I correct in saying you can't use store credit to buy a gift certificate and you can't split your order to buy the items on store credit and use CC to pay for GC but everything has to be in the cart at the same time to get the 16% off the GC which means that I would have to use my CC to purchase items and GC in one order even tho I have store credit I could use to buy the items?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Yes, unfortunately you can't buy GC's with store credit.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,315
    Kharma said:

Am I correct in saying you can't use store credit to buy a gift certificate and you can't split your order to buy the items on store credit and use CC to pay for GC but everything has to be in the cart at the same time to get the 16% off the GC which means that I would have to use my CC to purchase items and GC in one order even tho I have store credit I could use to buy the items?

If you could buy a GC with store credit, then if they offered a GC at 10% off, with no other strings attached, you could keep buying GC's and increase your store credit by 10% each time for free. Pretty soon you would have thousands or more. So I can well understand why GC's can be acquired with real money only.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

I should have waited. I actually paid for it. Admittedly I didn't pay very much with discounts.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,079
    edited April 2016

I should have waited. I actually paid for it. Admittedly I didn't pay very much with discounts.

Open a support ticket to sales, with DAZ's sale price guarantee there's a good chance they'll refund you what you paid.

Post edited by Leana on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

I didn't have a problem, it showed up as free and it stayed so through checkout, so I guess it's fixed now.

This appears to be a pretty useful tool, thank you Predatron!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    Leana said:

Open a support ticket to sales, with DAZ's sale price guarantee there's a good chance they'll refund you what you paid.

I think in the past the rule has been if something goes on offer after you bought it you weren't allowed to return it and buy it again, but I'll give it a go and see what they say.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Yes, unfortunately you can't buy GC's with store credit.

And there is no way to split an order to pay with 2 different means, part CC and part store credit?