Editing morphs in V4 clothing via the bridge

BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello!

I've created a dress for V4, rigged and textured it successfully in D/S3.1.2.32 advanced (64-bit in Windows 7), and transferred the appropriate figure morphs from V4 to the dress (using Crossdresser). I even managed to successfully add a few adjustment morphs via the bridge.

But, some of the transferred morphs, while generally close, had poke-throughs.

So, I fit it to V4, dialed up a morph to max (BreastSize in D/S3.1 advanced), bridged V4 and the dress to Hex, made the tweaks to eliminate the poke-throughs, and then sent the dress back to D/S3, having it replace the original morph in the dress.

But, it seems instead of just replacing the BreastSize morph, it has "added" extra size to the morphs. So, it gets extra "roomy" around V4's top, maybe double the distance from the V4 model than it should have, as if it has added to the morph effect rather than just replace it.

Furthermore, if I dial the V4 BresatSize back down to zero, the conformed dress still looks like it's got "padding" in there, where I would have thought it would return to the original zeroed OBJ shape.

Can somebody spot where I'm going wrong? Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well you morphed a morphed dress. I don't use Crossdresser so not sure all what you're carrying over with that.
    I build my clothing morphs from the base item. Then it's my clothing item with my morphs in it and no problems about my redistributing it.

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

Well you morphed a morphed dress. I don't use Crossdresser so not sure all what you're carrying over with that.
    I build my clothing morphs from the base item. Then it's my clothing item with my morphs in it and no problems about my redistributing it.

Thanks for the reply Patience! :-)

I think part of my confusion is that I'm trying to tweak a conforming morph, a distinction I missed while posting my original problem, and maybe I'm completely misunderstanding how these kinds of morphs work.

I'll try zeroing the morph on the dress, and then sending it to Hex for tweaking, and see what happens when I send it back to D/S as a replacement for that morph. Hopefully I can just pull the mesh a little bit here and there in Hex and it will do the trick. I would hate to have to recreate all the conforming morphs from scratch. Crossdresser (actually XDmorpher) did get the conforming morphs close, some even working perfectly! But some just need tweaking.

And hopefully, I'm correctly understanding that as your suggestion.

Thanks again Patience! I have followed your other threads for some time! When I graduate to Genesis figures, I know where I'll be going!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you not create a completely new morph which fixes the origianl morph. When asked to create a new morph in DS (from Hex), just call it 'Fix for ...', and then you will know what it is for. It should only save the difference between the two morphs, which is what you need.

edited December 1969

Can you not create a completely new morph which fixes the origianl morph. When asked to create a new morph in DS (from Hex), just call it 'Fix for ...', and then you will know what it is for. It should only save the difference between the two morphs, which is what you need.

Hello JimmyC!

Thanks for the advice!

If I understand, you mean a separate morph to fix the corresponding conforming morph? Yes, I can do that, and, actually, that was my first impulse.

But, I was trying to "simplify" things so the conforming morph would work as expected when V4 is morphed. :lol:

I'm wrapping my head around the idea of "conforming" morphs. Patience's hint of zeroing the morph before sending it to Hex lit a clue in my head as to where I was going wrong.

And, in fact, I successfully edited one of the conforming morphs doing it this way! At least it looks like it's working more predictably.

Thanks again!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that. I am still trying to understand how it all works myself :)

edited December 1969

It's probably a topic for another forum (Nuts and Bolts maybe) but I'd now like to know just what happens when "conforming" morphs are applied to clothing. They evidently are distinct from plain, ol' morphs like you'd get using the Hex Bridge.

Like I said, I used XDmorpher to get all the "guesstimate" V4 conforming morphs into my dress. But, now I realize I'm lacking the understanding of what that process is about, and how those kinda morphs manage to sync to V4 when she is morphed, and all that kinda stuff.

I don't think I've seen it discussed either, or not that I'm aware of.

Thanks again JimmyC.