skin builder pro problems

hey so i have a problem with skin builder pro so i got it to do all the stuff like make your on make up etc. but there have been problems like this

problem.PNG
608 x 565 - 305K

Comments

• wbrand7wbrand7 Posts: 23
    edited April 2016

oh and the skin loader wont work when i try it daz crashes

Post edited by wbrand7 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It looks like it isn't using the same UV set for the makeup as is being used for the face texture....

mjc1016 said:

It looks like it isn't using the same UV set for the makeup as is being used for the face texture....

so what do i do?

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,922

That plugin is meant to work with V5 textures... Which ones are you using in your model?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,438
    edited April 2016
    Imago said:

That plugin is meant to work with V5 textures... Which ones are you using in your model?

That is, any textures using the Victoria 5 UVs - not just the maps from the Victoria 5 character. (Which should make it usable on G3F with the new Legacy UVs produict.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

i am using gensis 2

edited April 2016

i dont know what uv is or does really

Post edited by wbrand7 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The UV map defines what polygons on the model are affected by each pixel on the texture image.  Genesis/Genesis 2/Genesis 3 can have more than one UV map, so a different shape won't cause a stretching of the texture.  Skin Builder uses the Victoria 5 UV map, but the makeup you're using uses a different UV map, so it's getting applied to the wrong parts.

UV mapping is a way to provide a coordinate system to allow placing a 2D texture on a 3D mesh.  Each figure has a a UV mapping and Studio allows for multiple sets.  The base set for Genesis 2 is 'base female'...

The UV map defines what polygons on the model are affected by each pixel on the texture image.  Genesis/Genesis 2/Genesis 3 can have more than one UV map, so a different shape won't cause a stretching of the texture.  Skin Builder uses the Victoria 5 UV map, but the makeup you're using uses a different UV map, so it's getting applied to the wrong parts.

so what can i do to fix it

Use a texture based on the Victoria 5 UV mapping...

That is if you are trying to add a make-up layer to an existing texture.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

Skin Builder Pro says it's made for Genesis and Genesis 2... I'm having the same problem, and I'm using the base Genesis 2 Female. I've even used the order shown in the tutorial to make sure I was not overwriting anything.  The product says it works with Genesis 2, but am I understanding that you are saying that I have to load textures from a previous generation, Genesis, to get it to work?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The V5 UVset is included with G2F, but not all skins for G2F use that UVset

Is there any easy way to see what skins use that UV set? I assumed Skin Builder Pro would work with the the base G2F. Now I see the note on the product page saying that it works with G2F due to the V5 UV set.

• You can't tell in advance, unless the UV set is listed on the product page, but after the base materials are applied use the Surface Selection tool to click on an area of skin (generally all parts of the figure use the same UV set, except perhaps for eyes, teeth or lashes) and then in the Surface pane look at the UV set property's value..

Thank you so much for all the info! :)