Supersuit as Everyday Clothing

13»

Comments

• JarelJarel Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

The basic suit has a material zone missing. I posted a fix on the bugtracker here and a picture of the created zone in a previous topic here. It was a while ago that I looked at it but it wasn't very hard to get working, just a bit fiddly.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Jarel said:
    The basic suit has a material zone missing. I posted a fix on the bugtracker here and a picture of the created zone in a previous topic here. It was a while ago that I looked at it but it wasn't very hard to get working, just a bit fiddly.

That piece isn't missing from the material zones I have on the basic supersuit. It is all there.

edited September 2012

wilmap said:
    Jarel said:

That piece isn't missing from the material zones I have on the basic supersuit. It is all there.

I just reset my downloads to check we're talking about the same thing. It doesn't appear to have changed so I must be being unclear.

The problem with the basicsuit is not that pieces of the mesh are missing or that the UV mapping is wrong, it's that the material groups are incorrect. It's obvious from the UV mapping that it was designed to work with the same textures as the supersuit and it's fine for the legs and feet, the problem is around the torso.

If you download the supersuit templates you'll notice that the torso is split into "SuprsuitTorsoFront" and "SupsersuitBackHead" but the baiscsuit's material groups Torso, Waist1, Waist2 and Shorts extend all the way around the model from front to back. Creating a new material group "Back" and moving the appropriate polygons into that group completely fixes the problem.

Post edited by Jarel on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Yes it does, but Daz needs to release that version, since we cannot distribute our modified ones.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Jarel: I'd ask for a step by step, detailed, instruction on how to do that (and what program to do it with) but then I wouldn't be able to share my findings or textures I'd create (which is what I wanna do).

So I agree with ZevO. DAZ needs to fix the Basic Super Suit and re-release it as the "fixed" version so we, the community, can do our own textures and redistribute them as freebies. Or for those who are vendors, creating textures for the Basic Suptersuit so people can buy them.

I'm glad to see the problem can be fixed, now let's see the Basic Supersuit have an update so we, the community, can USE it. It's way passed time this was done and should have been done months ago.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Amen.

edited September 2012

Jarel: I'd ask for a step by step, detailed, instruction on how to do that (and what program to do it with) but then I wouldn't be able to share my findings or textures I'd create (which is what I wanna do).

So I agree with ZevO. DAZ needs to fix the Basic Super Suit and re-release it as the "fixed" version so we, the community, can do our own textures and redistribute them as freebies. Or for those who are vendors, creating textures for the Basic Suptersuit so people can buy them.

I'm glad to see the problem can be fixed, now let's see the Basic Supersuit have an update so we, the community, can USE it. It's way passed time this was done and should have been done months ago.

I completely agree - the workaround I posted is enough to start creating textures for the suit but it's useless for distribution. I never imagined when I posted we'd still be waiting 2 months later for a proper fix. Here's hoping they get around to it soon.

Post edited by Jarel on