I am new to Daz 3d, and I need help installing the Elea Outfit!

Hello, I am basically new to Daz 3d and I just made my first purchase the Elea Outfit, and I need help installing it. I have I have installed the Aiko 3.0 and that seems to be working find, but when I tried to install the Elea Outfit and open Daz Studio Pro 4.5 I cannot find anything related to the Elea Outfit. I know that it is probably something simple that did wrong when I installed the files, so if anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

What is the exact name of the file you downloaded for the Elea outfit?

Thank you.

• edited December 1969

The name of the file that I downloaded is called the Elea Outfit. The link to is below.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/elea-outfit

Thanks,
    ncrawman

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What Mattymanx means, is what is the name (or names) or the files that you actually downloaded. These files are in Poser format, and you need to download the files which are named DPC as well as the DS ones (if any). Are you on a Mac or a PC, and what OS are you using?

Did you install them into the My Library folder?

If you look in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats, you should find the main fles in My Library > Figures

• edited December 1969

I am on a PC and the files are a Zip file, and I don't know where the files go. I really need help, I am new at this.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited September 2012

Ok, I just reset my copy of that out fit.

In order to install this, you first need to know the location on your hard drive of your Content folder or My library folder. Once you know where that is, drag and drop the contents of the Content folder in the zip file over to the Content or My Library folder. If you get a message about merging or overwriting excisting files/folders, you should not have to worry as it is only overwriting readmes and the folders (and their content) will remain unharmed.

If seeing images of it helps, please check you downloads for a PDF file that explains all this.

If it helps, I have a tutorial on zipped poser content that may be of use to you

Dealing With Zipped Poser Content
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5436/

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • edited December 1969

Hello again, I am still having problems trying to install this. I have read the guides and still keep hitting a dead ends. I purchase the Elea Outfit because I wanted to create a ewrestler for a efed. Below is what I have for this file after I extract the zip file.

After I extract the zip file I have a folder in my downloads called

IM00004067_elea-outfit.

In that folder there is a DAZ Shared Configuration File called

Manifest

and a folder called

Content

In the Content folder there are three other folders called

Aiko 3
    ReadMe's
    Runtime

In the Aiko 3 folder there is a folder called

Clothing

In the Clothing folder there is a folder called

Materials

In the Clothing folder there is a folder called

Elea Outfit

And In the Elea Outfit folder there are 40 files. Some are called

DAZ Script (Ascii) (.ds)

And some are called

RSR File (.rsr)

If you want to know the names of all these files then let me know.

In the ReadMe's folder that is in the Content folder there is a

Firefox HTML Document (.htm)

And two folders called

Pics
    ProductLists

If whoever is helping me wants to know more details about these two folders than let me know.

And in the Runtime folder that is in the Content folder there are 4 folders called

Geometries
    Libraries
    Textures
    WebLinks

Again for whoever is helping me wants to know more details about these four folders than let me know.

Again for whoever can help me install this I will be very greatfull.

Thanks,
    ncrawman

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Take the 3 folders that are underneath "Content" and merge them with the folders underneath your "My Library" (you may not have an Aiko 3 folder, but you will have Runtime and Readme's). You can ignore the Manifest.dsx -- that's for the install Manager which hasn't been released yet, which will install the files for you (unless you prefer to do it manually).

• edited December 1969

Ok, I did that, but now where will I find my new stuff in DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro. I open DAZ and can not find them anywhere.

• edited December 1969

I am starting to think that I have bought a bad file or something. I have been trying for 3 days now to get this to work, but I am almost to the point that I am going to delete everything and just forget about it, which is shame because I really thought that this was a really good program. And now after I paid $10.00 for it and I can't even use it I see that it has been marked down to $5.00. Well anyway thankyou all for trying to help, everything that i have done has failed. I wish that there was an installer for the Elea outfit.

ncrawman

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Please don't give up yet.

The content that you bought is older stuff, and will NOT appear in the Smart Content tab inside DS4P.

You need to look in the Content Library tab, if it is not visible to you, go to Window > Tabs and click on Content Library. It can be docked anywhere you like. Inside that tab you should see DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats, and another three below that.

The one you want is Poser Formats > My Library > Figures, and you should find your stuff in there, assuming that you installed it into the My Library folder. Can you see it now?

• edited December 1969

Thanks man, I am finally getting somewhere. I did what you said above, and I do see some of my stuff, bit I don't think that all of is there. I am going to double check what all comes with this.

Thankyou,
    ncrawman