SMART CONTENT & CMS NOT WORKING (MAC OSX) [SOLVED]

yenxzoyenxzo Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in New Users

Hello there,
I am a newbie (to the full extent of the word) with DAZ 4.5 PRO. I am running Mac OSX Mountain Lion and I just purchased the Toon Generations Bundle. I spent the last two days trying to replicate the lighting and environment as shown in the demo for the bundle. I learned that they've used the UberEnvironment2, etc...For the sake of life I couldnt locate that Uber thingy inside DAZ 4.5 Pro. After browsing the web the entire day, someone suggested to check if DAZ Content Management Service was working. I checked it via Activity Monitor and IT IS NOT WORKING. I tried everything in my power, uninstalling the whole DAZ 4.5 Pro and reinstalling everything more than 6 times, and IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. Can someone help me, please! What am I doing wrong?
NB: I see the Uber files under /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/shaders/DAZ/Uber.......and a bunch of other files, but I dont see them appear anywhere inside DAZ Studio 4.5

Please Help....

Post edited by yenxzo on

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

yenxzo said:
    Hello there,
    I am a newbie (to the full extent of the word) with DAZ 4.5 PRO. I am running Mac OSX Mountain Lion and I just purchased the Toon Generations Bundle. I spent the last two days trying to replicate the lighting and environment as shown in the demo for the bundle. I learned that they've used the UberEnvironment2, etc...For the sake of life I couldnt locate that Uber thingy inside DAZ 4.5 Pro. After browsing the web the entire day, someone suggested to check if DAZ Content Management Service was working. I checked it via Activity Monitor and IT IS NOT WORKING. I tried everything in my power, uninstalling the whole DAZ 4.5 Pro and reinstalling everything more than 6 times, and IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. Can someone help me, please! What am I doing wrong?
    NB: I see the Uber files under /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/shaders/DAZ/Uber.......and a bunch of other files, but I dont see them appear anywhere inside DAZ Studio 4.5

Please Help....

Make sure you have downloaded and run the 'Genesis Starter Essentials' installer. It is provided with the downloads for DAZ Studio 4.5. If you don't have it any more, reset your existing order for DAZ Studio 4.5.

To reset your downloads, log into your DAZ 3D account. Go to 'My Account' in the top right. Then on the left, click on 'Itemized Order History.' Find the order or item you want to reset. Click 'Reset' to the right of it. You will be redirected to 'My Downloadable Products' where you can download the files.

After you've run the 'Genesis Starter Essentials,' you should be able to find the UberEnvironment2 in the Content Library Tab in DAZ Studio Formats --> My Library --> Light Presets --> omnifreaker --> UberEnvironment2.