New Dropdown for the "Shop" Tab

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited September 2012 in The Commons

And its *LOADED* with stuff! Wow.

Is this new or am I just late and just now noticing this?

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on

Comments

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I think it's new. I thought it was a mistake at first because I've been getting those directory type windows instead of the real pages on occasion. I really like this; hope it hangs around!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks for pointing that out, it does look a lot better. What a surprise!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Oh yes so much better, thanks for the heads up.

• Lazy LeopardLazy Leopard Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Hmmm... That'd be why I'm seeing no shop drop-down, then. Utterly broken here...

Edit: Now, a few hours later, it's decided it'll start displaying, so I guess somebody fixed something. ;) Mind, can't say I'm anything like as enthusiastic about it as some folks. It's huge (which was probably part of the problem earlier). The new DAZ site has made a few things better, but it's still playing catch-up with the old site as far as plain straight-forward usability is concerned. Sometimes bells and whistles get in the way...

Post edited by Lazy Leopard on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

The new drop down does look good, really helps with targeting search for categories, I noticed it, yesterday. The site keeps getting better and better, even if its been taking a long while to get here.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Yeah, looks cool. But I would prefer if they first concentrate on fixing things - like getting back the feature that told you whether you have already bought an item before. I am tired of checking every item before buying, especially now during the PA sale.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Yeah, looks cool. But I would prefer if they first concentrate on fixing things

As I said in another thread about this new dropdown earlier tonight; it's "pretty". I couldn't care less about "pretty", for the last several months we've needed "works". I wonder when we'll get it?
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Personally I think it is too big for a quick nav menu. I thought it was fine as it was.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

jimzombie said:
    Personally I think it is too big for a quick nav menu. I thought it was fine as it was.

agreed.

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    jimzombie said:

agreed.
    make that 3 votes against the newer version. BUT....

With Fast Grab, New Releases, DO and Shop by Vendor on main page, don't really need it for the way I shop. 80%+ I am either looking for New stuff or FG material. So, I can tolerate it.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited December 1969

Make that four. I thought it was broken and I am waiting for them to fix it. It is too big, too much infomation at once, I've seen sitemaps easier to read that that. I used to be able to make menus like that and they *were* broken! ;-)

• madfrogmadfrog Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Let's make it five against. The old one was tidy, this version just covers half my browser window with stuff to sort through. Change is good, if it is an improvement. This isn't.

OK, whining over, back to shopping...

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

robert952 said:
    Barubary said:
    jimzombie said:

agreed.

make that 3 votes against the newer version. BUT....

With Fast Grab, New Releases, DO and Shop by Vendor on main page, don't really need it for the way I shop. 80%+ I am either looking for New stuff or FG material. So, I can tolerate it.

That's true.
    With all the things that are wrong with this store right now, this doesn't get more than a shrug out of me any more :D Not better, but not particularly relevant either.