Getting to know Genesis

TorbyTorby Posts: 250
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I like how Genesis clothes change to match the character. I like how non Genesis clothes get fit to the character.

Stole a few minutes away from other projects to play a bit. I'm supposed to be making an electronic gizmo for Larry. I found the Trotwood character preset that I'd saved with DS 4 on somebody's suggestion, so I tried applying it to a genesis. He got a little of Trot's pose, but not at all his physique. Here's the two of them together, K4 Trotwood on your left, Genesis on your right. Genesis is wearing the "Genesis Jeans" from the freebie forum. I found them in the freebie render contest for August, I think. I downloaded a bunch of freebies last week, but haven't had a chance to play with them.

I thought I read somewhere that you could apply K4 skins to Genesis. Tried it, but he seemed to be breaking out of his skin. Might work for a horror shot. Didn't know he was a reptile.

DS 4.5 seems to handle the K4 Trotwood character better than 4.0 did. At least he can wear his overalls now.

K4AndGenesisB.jpg
500 x 500 - 83K

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Torby said:
    I like how Genesis clothes change to match the character. I like how non Genesis clothes get fit to the character.

Stole a few minutes away from other projects to play a bit. I'm supposed to be making an electronic gizmo for Larry. I found the Trotwood character preset that I'd saved with DS 4 on somebody's suggestion, so I tried applying it to a genesis. He got a little of Trot's pose, but not at all his physique. Here's the two of them together, K4 Trotwood on your left, Genesis on your right. Genesis is wearing the "Genesis Jeans" from the freebie forum. I found them in the freebie render contest for August, I think. I downloaded a bunch of freebies last week, but haven't had a chance to play with them.

I thought I read somewhere that you could apply K4 skins to Genesis. Tried it, but he seemed to be breaking out of his skin. Might work for a horror shot. Didn't know he was a reptile.

DS 4.5 seems to handle the K4 Trotwood character better than 4.0 did. At least he can wear his overalls now.

To use the K4 textures, you need to set the UV Set to K4 in the Surfaces Tab.

Kendall

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Oh. I see. You set the uv to the person the skin was made for.

Well, I thought I saw :red:

Oops_K4.jpg
    500 x 500 - 55K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You need the Select the Base of the figure (ALL of it) not just the Parts. Then Apply the texture and the UV set for the Texture.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Yuck. I always find the child morphs so freakin' creepy!

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Was going to reply last night, but my internet flaked out.

Creepy: Especially with no hair and in that attire :ohh:

I thought I had selected the whole genesis, but on trying it again, it seems to work better. At least as long as he has a shirt on.