I can't unistall daz 4.0

XdyeXdye Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I tried to install the new daz 4.5 but when starts the installation it says that i should remove the previous version, i click ok and the program tries to unsitall but then an unknow error appears that can't unistall.

So i decided do it manually and the unistaller it seems corrupt, the weight is 0KB, i click anyway and appers the same error.

So I try to install again the daz 4.0 to recover the unistaller but is says the same as 4.5 and i cant install neither unistall.

Is like i am stuck in 4.0 Is there anyway to download just the unistaller? Or what i can do? Someone has a solution for this?

Post edited by Xdye on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

Delete the uninstaller. I would suggest you then reisntall 4.0, to make sure that the old content is proeprly updated (installing the new Genesis Starter Essentials will leave the .dsf files in \people\Genesis untouched as it creates new .duf files instead).

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Adding to what Richard said when reinstalling DS4 force it to install by clicking No to Uninstalling the one that is installed. It should install over it fine. I need to do this myself a whuile back for different reasons.