Posing only a part of an object created in hexagon

Hi there... im kinda new with hexagon and have some questions. 1.- how can I merge two objects into only one?. I made some clothes and they have diferent parts, one is the actual fabric and then there are some accessories like maybe a button or a chain attached to it. But in the objects tree they show as 2 objects so when I send them do daz they are two separated props even if I group them in hex. I'll like them to be just one object, so I can load them as a single prop. 2.-is there a way to decide witch parts of an object will be deformed when posing the characyer?. After sending to daz I used the transfer utility to send gen2 morps to the new item I made. It worked great but now if I pose the character, the accessories will get deformed. Ive seen some props like necklaces that will follow gen2 poses were pearls for example remain spherical. Thx in advance...

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

On a couple of the tabs up top there's a tool to 'weld'. It will weld any number of objects that are selected into one. The uvmap will of course be zapped.

Another way to weld [sort of] is to name each part the exact same and then export out the .obj.
    When the .obj is imported it will appear as "one".
    I say 'sort of' because the lines do not necessary actually weld together all the time.

For buttons I'd go with the renaming method if the uvmaps are already done.

• THX patience55 I was on the rigth trac using the weld tool but for some reason Hex was ignoring me. Now I got it to work.

Any ideas for the second question on how to stop some parts from defforming?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

THX patience55 I was on the rigth trac using the weld tool but for some reason Hex was ignoring me. Now I got it to work.

Any ideas for the second question on how to stop some parts from defforming?

It depends and the answer is more than a single post should handle.

1. Need lots of polys.

2. There are several professional tutorials [Daz3D] over at Youtube.com dealing with rigidity and weight mapping etc.