Fixing CR2 files

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to fix a bunch of cr2 files that aren't loading properly.

I've been getting rid of direct paths and '\'s and changing to the proper :Runtime:libraries:character . . . format, and maing sure pathways are correct to the obj and texture files.

Many have been fixed this way.

On some, all of the loading errors disapear, but when the item finishes loading, they don't show up in the viewport (but the name of item does show up in the Scene/hierarchy view).

Any idea what could be going wrong here and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

Do you have some examples? Which version of DS is this?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Check all of the scale dials on the bones, if any are on 0% then the entire mesh is invisible.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

I'm using DS4.5 and Notepad++

Wasn't sure the rules about posting the cr2 files, that's why I didn't post it.

In terms of scale, I'll check to see if things are set to 0. Should they necessarily be at 1?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

I wasn''t suggesting you post the files, just that you identify some of the items - if they were failing in the same way as well as with texture references before you edited them.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

I
    Wasn't sure the rules about posting the cr2 files, that's why I didn't post it.

I think Richard meant what CR2's as in which items are causing the issue.

100% preferably but even 0.1% will be enough to show the mesh if this is the problem, there is a quick and easy way to check if it is the scale that works on most bone scale issues, load the CR2, select the item in the scene tab, the using the options menu in the Parameters tab go Zero > Zero Figure, this will snap all bone values back to the default for the figure.

It could also be a case of scale dials that have "Empty_Range" written in them when viewed in DS, this is a case of the min & max limits being set to 0 and the dial being locked, all dials like this register as 0 in DS.