Shine a light on this please

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
I just installed DS4.5 which i have to admit i am very impressed with. Unfortunately there is always a but attached to anything, though this one may be nothing to do with DS4.5. I have Reality 2, updated for DS4.5 and Inane glory lights. Every time i attempt to use either, Daz crashes. I can set reality up but once i try and render, it leaves town. With IG i just have to open it up and crash. This happens with complex scenes, lone figures and just a simple cube. Any ideas please?

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The first problem sounds more like a problem with the underlying Luxrender version than Reality.

System specs...everything,..OS, RAM, CPU, video card.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Inane Glory lights use UberArea, and UA doesn't work in DS4 (yet). The next release will fix it, this week hopefully.

Also, if I try to use the IG lights designed for DS3, DS4 just goes away with no warning.

• MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Pardon my ignorance once again, but I thought from reading in another thread that one of the advantages of the Reality system/plugin is that it doesn't need all the lights usually used in DS, which would include the IG lights among others.

Clear this up for me please.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It doesn't NEED them...but it can still use them.