I Heart Astrogrep

This is probably something most people already have/use, but I managed to go years without realizing it existed :-P  I've been using Astrogrep for a few months and it's something I have open all day as I'm working now.  So I thought it might be worth sharing with beginning Script developers as it makes life much, much easier :-).

http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net/

For those who haven't used grep search, it's basically a way of searching for text inside files.  I use it to quickly find methods and whatnot (obviously, not all of the methods are wrapped in the script, but many are).  When you install it, be sure to select the option to add a "Context Menu" option.  Navigate to the Daz SDK folder, right-click the Include folder and Search Using Astrogrep.  It is freaking awesome.  Previously, I was keeping a ton of libraries open in Notepad++ so I could search them, but this gets unwieldy pretty fast.

Anyway, might not be news to anyone, but it's been such a benefit for me, I wanted to share laugh

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Thanks for the tip. You say it's faster than Notepad++ for searches that's it?

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Thanks for the tip. You say it's faster than Notepad++ for searches that's it?

Much faster, definitely worth trying out!