Lilith 9? Really? How ... unexpected.
vwrangler
Posts: 5,053
Especially since Lilith skipped G8F.
Anyway:
- https://www.daz3d.com/introducing-lilith-9-hd
- https://www.daz3d.com/lilith-9
- https://www.daz3d.com/lilith-9-hd-character-bundle
Post edited by vwrangler on

Comments
So unexpected that DAZ themselves weren't sure if this was really Lilith ...
And the wing UVs are bad.
Is she going to lose her head over small things like G3 Lilith did?
The teeth look interesting, but not mentioned as a morph.
Regards,
Richard
Could they be using the teeth from the addon Bundle Richard - Pop Culture Famous Fangs for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D
David
Aye, think you're right. Do like them.
Regards,
Richard
This! And Tara bundles have a lot more to recommend them..
Agreed. Valenia 9 also offered a nice set of wings, and I have both her and Tara. People wanting a G8 or G9 Lilith seemed most interested in an updated https://www.daz3d.com/lilith-6. Lilith 9 has the - dare I type it? - stereotypical G9 core female build. So not sure Lilith 9 will please fans of the original. I do like the skin, dress (if the silly shoulder plates can be removed) and hair. The teen/college age promo (# 13) looks good.
If it had to be a vampire, why not a guy? As the product page for the fangs reminds us, there are so many cool male vampire types. (None of which require glitter shaders.)
I might get her, but I think I will hold off and see what the next core character looks like before getting a Premier.
I don't think Tara 9 and Valenia 9 make a Lilith 9 redundant, they're more brawler and rogue types of demonettes than Lilith 9. But I do agree that Lilith 9 can't really compare to Lilith 2 and 3, who were both more the seductive Queen Succubus types. Lilith 9 is too "realistic human" proportioned for that role.
Definitely. Better quality too. Those sleeves defy gravity...
and one could argue that this was just zero pose, but on the main promo, poses, pieces of those sleeves are just floating about.
To be honest – I’m not entirely sure why I’d need Lilith 9 when I already own Tara 9 and Valenia 9, complete with add-ons.
I don’t particularly like Lilith 9, nor do I dislike her. Compared to her predecessors, Lilith 7 and especially Lilith 6, she seems rather dull. Just another pretty white woman, I suppose. Yet a character like Lilith, of all people, should be an incentive to give her a bit more personality.
In contrast, some of the bundle contents are much more interesting. I’m not referring to the third edition of Succubus wings, the 567th long-haired hairstyle or the seemingly inevitable JW Expressions; but I do like the Forgotten Queen Outfit (fortunately, this outfit doesn’t feature any ugly, spiky high heels!) and the XI Dark Fantasy Gateway, for example. And, of course, the extra bundle for Premier and D+ members (thank you, Daz!).
for those sleeves specifically, it's actually just the way the opacity map is; the other textures where you see the entire sleeve, it's proper then.
I know the culprit is the opacity map, but the flaw is in the design itself.
it could be impoved I guess by reducing the cutout opacity strength by adding a layer in LIE so it's a semi-opaque lacy mesh
because, I agree, it looks odd
I very much like her Prem+ companion but I don't use those as you can't keep without the Prem+ - and so I'm a bit miffed because she looks really great (anyone with renders to share, it would be much appreciated... so I can be even more miffed!
)
LOL I had forgotten about Mercilus 9. It doesn't have to be a goth pretty boy. I just want a more or less everyday male vampire. So anything but Nosferatu-esque and not a molecule of glitter. I suppose (if I get a monthly Premier again now), I could get the fangs set as buy-in for the extra bundle and use them with whatever character suits me.
And if anyone has done any renders of Lilith or other vampires with the new fangs, show them off here
See, this is the structure of the Premiere character bundles that annoys me: a) aalways an expression set that definitely looks let a easy, low effort filler product that looks the same as all the other character bundles expression product addon b) Litllith is clearly Halloween theme yet the addons that ARE actually Halloween have to be gotten in the the secondary addon bundle. Add like add 1, better yet 2, theme based addons to the primary premiere bundles! Like those Halloween fangs for example!
I have done two renders of both the Lilith 9 HD and base Lilith 9 and I love her. She has one of the easiest faces to put an expression on and is lovely.
I actually didn't care for the previous ones, only got them when they were offered free or at a deep discount. That was the same for Tara for G8 whatever. But when I got beyond the marketing images and did my thing with the characters, they were okay. But the marketing turned me off. I am not into BDSM and Vampires and gore.
This one, I bought her main bundle and I am ignoring the rest of her offerings. And I do think what is in the main bundle is sweet.
Some test images attached if they help anyone. Seems like a fun character. I would have liked more a bit more leg muscle like her previous incarnation, but I can add that in easily enough. My usual complaint about migrated lip-filler.
Is there an eqivalent of mesh grabber for commercial strand based hair?
I like vampires, succubi, and horror. My 3d world is populated with awful people, but they look pretty cool It's what Daz does best, so I lean into it. Even high heels on everything seems fine to me. They're made of polygons. Their feet don't care.
The problem for me with this Lilith is, she doesn't bring anything I don't already have a dozen times over. Also she doesn't go far enough to be seductive and awful in a way that stands out. Doesn't mean I'll never get her, but she's not a priority.
@sid your renders look great. They always do. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for these renders! I will definitely get the base character.
Nice renders, sid!