Looking for North American large mammals for sale.....

mmanfullmmanfull Posts: 52
edited October 5 in Product Suggestions

[Looking for North American large mammals for sale].....mountain goat, mountain sheep, and elk.  Or some morphs and textures for the various DAZ sheep (DA Sheep for DAZ Horse 3 or DAZ Sheep 2) or the Goat by AM.  I think Hivewire was working on an elk, but I don't know where that got to. Or morphs and textures for the various Hivewire deer and caribou.  Any help is appreciated.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,180
    edited October 6

    Sometimes looking under a different regional name can open up the range of models available.

    Red Deer (Europe) or Elk (N America): https://www.daz3d.com/tane-the-old-deer-for-daz-horse-2

    Roe Deer (Europe) or White Tailed Deer (N America) https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/99317/amv-fawn There are others freebies that are related - see the creator's freebie list

    Reindeer (Europe) or Caribou (N America) https://www.daz3d.com/reindeer-for-daz-horse-3

    There are a lot of deer at Rendo - https://www.renderosity.com/search/marketplace?keyword=deer

    Not all are recent & you are probably aware of them. I don't know of many sheep or goats being available.

    Regards

    Richard

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • mmanfullmmanfull Posts: 52

    Yes, I am aware of these and already own most of them. An elk can be taken from the red deer, but trying to get a mountain goat from the domestic goat requires more than my skills, and similar for the mountain sheep.  Thank you for your help.

  • mmanfullmmanfull Posts: 52

    But I may be able to get a mountain sheep (replacing the antlers for horns) from the Reindeer/DAZ Horse 3 both of which I already have. So a double thank you!

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,180

    The one occasion I saw Dall sheep, I had to infer their species due to how far away they were - 500 yards horizontally and about 500ft up. It was in the Alaskan Denali National Park and getting out of the vehicle was not possible due to park rules. At that range they could almost have been any species, however they were unlikely to be anything else given where they were.

    Regards,

    Richard

Sign In or Register to comment.