Running two computers at the same time
Dear experts,
Background: I have a new RTX-5090/64 GB coming next Friday (I hope - long story). I was going to give my RTX-4090/64 GB to my kid, but the young'uns want laptops, so now I have two desktop PCs.
I tried to search the Forum without luck - every other post has the word "computer" in it - for answers to my question, but now I turn to you.
Questions:
- How would you suggest I use two computers collaboratively for creating art in Daz? Or is that even a good idea?
- I think Daz allows me to have instances going at the same time on two different PCs, but can anyone confirm this? I suppose you would set up a scene on one and generate the image/animation off the other. I could easily exchange data with a Dropbox folder, I suppose.
- If you recommend using two machines, would you use the 5090 for the design work or for the rendering?
Thanks in advance!

Comments
You can run DAZ Studio on both computers at the same time; you don't even have to have DS connected. Bear in mind that the RTX 5090 can't use the GPU to render in DS 4. So I would suggest using the RTX 4090 for design in DS 4 (DS 6 lacks still lacks a lot of the available plugins) and then passing the result to the RTX 5090 computer for rendering while you continue designing on the RTX 4090 computer.
I think you mean DS4?
FWIW, I run two PCs, both with 4.24.03 and RTX3080Ti GPUs. I'm building another PC with my previous RTX4070 Super that I shall put DS6 on purely for G9 stuff. I don't tend to do much G9 apart from one-offs and experimental work so actual render time isn't an issue.
At the moment, I'm hot-swapping duf files via USB stick between my two machines but I am also in the process of setting up a new NAS, I'm trialing some software at the moment. Once I'm happy with that, my two DS4 PCs will be networked together and all DIM files will be on the NAS.
Yes, I meant DS 4. I have corrected my post.
I also run two machines. One with a GTX 1080 ti that I use for setting up scenes and one with an RTX 3090 I use for rendering.
"Bear in mind that the RTX 5090 can't use the GPU to render in DS 4" - holy smoke, I had forgotten about that. So, that kindda ties my hand. That machine will be on rendering duty. Thanks for taking the time on a Sunday to answer me.