Lights preset for indoor renders?

Are there some lights presents that I could use to render some scenes indoor? Even if I turn on all the lights I find in a room product, the scenes is always so dark. Thank you

Comments

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,381

    There are thousands of lighting assets in shop. And you don't really need any of them if you just learn how lighting works. I'd suggest spending some time with an empty room. A character figure. And experimenting with camera placement and lighting. In the long run, it will work best.

    Assuming you want to use Daz frequently for years to come. If not, go into the shop and click on the tools and effects filter. Just don't buy anything old. Make sure it mentions IRAY in the description.

  • jmucchiello said:

    There are thousands of lighting assets in shop. And you don't really need any of them if you just learn how lighting works. I'd suggest spending some time with an empty room. A character figure. And experimenting with camera placement and lighting. In the long run, it will work best.

    Assuming you want to use Daz frequently for years to come. If not, go into the shop and click on the tools and effects filter. Just don't buy anything old. Make sure it mentions IRAY in the description.

    Any suggestion from the shop?

  • NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 330

    Gratuitous plug of my own product:  NG Portrait Studio

    It's at full price ATM, but if you can wait a couple weeks (or maybe less), it will likely go on sale.  It not only gives you preset scene sets, it also has tips for lighting and can hopefully help you learn more about how I lit the scenes.  Not to mention some extra useful props.  

     

  • NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 330

    Here are some other favourites of mine (some are strictly HDRI sets):

    LI Incandescent - PhotoBox for Iray

    IBL Unlimited - Lighting Variety for Daz Studio

    HDRi Light Detailer and HDRi Light Detailer Expansion 01

    All are relatively current and use Iray lighting.  But as jmucchiello said, there are many out there.  Depends on exactly what you are trying to light (architectural scenes vs. portrait vs. product shots).

    If you are looking to light a room interior better, some of these might help:

    Iray Window Lights

    Iray Ghost Light Prop Kit

    Iray Light Volume Kit

    Invisi Lights: Ghost Lights and Light Profiles

     

  • You will need to adjust tone mapping, because artificially lit interiors almost always are darker than daylit exteriors. Iray does have an AutoExposure tool - put the Viewport in the Iray drawstyle and it's the +/- icon next to the drawstyle button - but I have never managed to get anything useful from it.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,381

    I tend to modify the ISO film setting in lieu of directly modifying Exposure. Of course, that's probably because I've used film to take pictures. Interior photography was usually done with 400 ISO film instead of the standard 100. In DS, modifying ISO automatically changes Exposure.

  • ^Yeah. I'd put ISO Film as 400, and maybe adjust the shutter speed to a lower number (longer exposure = lighter render; as it's given as a 1/x fraction, a lower number on the bottom means a longer exposure).

  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 4,031

    Since no one has mentioned it, we should mention culling cameras and section planes in daz studio. They "cut" a virtual hole through geometry so you can sometimes use them to let light into scenes. https://youtu.be/IPjGLWs9A_w?si=M4E3wCy84kjSkQQx

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,029

    qweretrretet said:

    Are there some lights presents that I could use to render some scenes indoor? Even if I turn on all the lights I find in a room product, the scenes is always so dark. Thank you

    You can change the lighting in surfaces/emission for each light prop. 

Sign In or Register to comment.