In Search of: Saving Filter or Script for Genesis 9 Pose Presets

I'm trying to find a way to either script the saving process of a preset pose so that each file is exactly the same, and cuts down on time sorting through all of the nodes, or even go so far as to create a script... though I'd prefer not to because I don't know the first thing about creating scripts. Does anyone know a way that I can streamline saving preset poses - specifically for Genesis 9 (optomisticlly for the DAZ Dog 8 as well).

I'm using DS 4.24 and DS 6.25

In case it matters, I use the Darkside layout. I don't know if that would be hiding any special menus or not.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Devon Oreschnick on

Comments

  • I'm not sure what you mean? Are you wanting to be able to save and apply a selection of nodes in the options dialogue?

  • Essentially, I need a way to save out a preset pose with the same parameters each time, without me having to check all the boxes for the rotations and translations over and over again for the individual bones every time. The save menu has those "Check all...", Uncheck all..." presets in the contextual dropdown menu, but we need to be more specific when working with pose sets as vendors.

    I found a script on one of the shady 3rd-party sites for a few bucks, and it does exactly this, but it seems flawed. It does something to the hips when it saves out the preset.

  • I thought one of the samples scripts showed how to applysettings from a script, but now I can't see it - have a look in case I am being dim https://docs.daz3d.com/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start

  • Yeah, I'd tried playing with that. Unfortunately, I don't know nearly enough about using scripts in that manner. I couldn't tell if it was even meant to be run, or I was running it wrong.

    I hate using 3rd-party stuff, but in this case, it seems the script I picked up does a better job. Certainly better than I could do if I scripted it myself XD

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,343

    Alternatively, you don't have to check the options when saving a Pose Preset, just instanly save it. Then when you apply the Pose Preset, you can Ctrl + Apply to trigger the Load option dialogue for the cases that you just want to apply the pose to the selected Bones, with XYZ rotation / translation or not, with Pose Control properties or not, etc. etc. The load options can also be saved as Preferences for repetitive use ~~

  • crosswind said:

    Alternatively, you don't have to check the options when saving a Pose Preset, just instanly save it. Then when you apply the Pose Preset, you can Ctrl + Apply to trigger the Load option dialogue for the cases that you just want to apply the pose to the selected Bones, with XYZ rotation / translation or not, with Pose Control properties or not, etc. etc. The load options can also be saved as Preferences for repetitive use ~~

    I've never done that before. Sounds interesting. But I'm looking more into saving. I'm creating a pose set to sell, and DAZ has specific nodes they want checked, so that my preset doesn't make another person's preset look like trash, because something carried over - and vice versa.

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,343

    Devon Oreschnick said:

    crosswind said:

    Alternatively, you don't have to check the options when saving a Pose Preset, just instanly save it. Then when you apply the Pose Preset, you can Ctrl + Apply to trigger the Load option dialogue for the cases that you just want to apply the pose to the selected Bones, with XYZ rotation / translation or not, with Pose Control properties or not, etc. etc. The load options can also be saved as Preferences for repetitive use ~~

    I've never done that before. Sounds interesting. But I'm looking more into saving. I'm creating a pose set to sell, and DAZ has specific nodes they want checked, so that my preset doesn't make another person's preset look like trash, because something carried over - and vice versa.

    Ah, you make pose products...if so, you can check a product named Pose Save Utility on renderhub.com, which may help.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,450

    You can always edit the save file as JSON. Not that that would be fun.

  • @crosswind

    thats the one I picked up. It's working perfectly!

  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 10,343

    Great !

Sign In or Register to comment.