An item of clothing appearing invisible when loaded in DS4.5

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I load an article of clothing called M5Shirt that I bought at Mech4D. I load the shirt, and its invisible. I checked the Display tab, and it has visibility on, when go into the Surfaces tab, there's nothing there. I even checked to make sure that the shirt is selected and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Did you get a "DuplicateIDs" message?

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

I did, but that was for the shorts that came with the shirt, not the shirt itself. I already used a script from Richard Haseltine made to fix the problem with the shorts. I just remembered that when I first tried to load the shirt, a window popped up saying something along the lines that the geometry was missing (I can't remember exactly what it said word for word).

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Seems like that might hold some crucial information. ^_^

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

This is exactly what the popup window says. At the top, it says "Missing files". The text in the window says "Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected. The following files could not be found: geometry". This really baffles me that it says something is missing when it was never there or should be there to begin with.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Hey. This happened to me too with a 3-d-c sci-fi set, Way of the Samurai and Mr Hyde's jeans. I eventually figured out a way to fix it but you need a cr2 editor to do it as I am assuming the file in question is a cr2. You could probably also do it with notepad++ which is what I used to fix the .dsf files. Anyway, here is the thread about it:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7423/

Das 4.5 seems to be MUCH pickier about this stuff as both 4.0 and 3 would fully load the items but in 4.5 I got something in the scene tab, but an invisible item and nothing at all in the surfaces tab.