Funny product descriptions

I discovered this product and laughed out loud at its description text. :)

https://www.daz3d.com/the-horrible-sofa-for-ds

The Horrible sofa.

You’ve passed it on the side of the road. Maybe collected it for your first apartment. After all, it had to be better than sitting on the floor. But the rock-hard cushions, the indestructible fabric, seemingly created from used tires, wire brushes and some indescribable and foul odor didn’t live up to expectations. Low as those expectations were. Covering it with a salvaged blanket didn’t help. Many were abandoned when the tenant moved on. After being cited for Littering, mass reductions of neighborhood housing value, and exceedingly poor taste, most landlords were forced to lug the poor thing up to the flophouse attic, where it would sit, neglected and alone. Rejected. Abandoned. And thirsting for REVENGE!


The Sisters in Chaos are proud to Present the Horrible Sofa to our DAZ Friends. We know it will add a touch of Class to any render. This delight comes with the sofa itself, in 11 true to life colors and scratchy textures. Each Sofa comes with a pair of matching brick like pillows for added realism.

(The fleas, silverfish, June bugs, mice and other citizens of the sofa are an exercise left to the student’s imagination, but we suggest you start with a very large number!)

Which funny ones have you found in your time browsing the shop?

Comments

  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 493

    Haha, nice :)

  • LorraineLorraine Posts: 1,086

    I don't remember 1989 being THAT bad; bad yes, but not that garish. Or have I just lost my memory and am living in blissful ignorance.

  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,810

    My daughter's bedroom was almost as loud as that couch when we bought this house in 1993. It was definitely those colors, it just had more white space. But it had two different wallpaper patterns and two different borders. My son's was done in primary colors + green with an orange rug. Some people like loud, I guess. Maybe they're colorblind?

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,947

    Lorraine said:

    I don't remember 1989 being THAT bad; bad yes, but not that garish. Or have I just lost my memory and am living in blissful ignorance.

    Trendy clothes and school supplies were definitely that bad. I'm not one who has ever felt great with bold patterns (and the eye bleeding Lisa Frank colors, omg), so back to school shopping was rough. 

  • not exactly product descriptions but I always liked the little female cartoon character ironman13 (Fugazi1968/Ironman) used to have appear on their promos making comments mostly on products on another site.

    Also like promos that tell a little story scene like Mechasar does

    Personally I like enjoy it more when a creator makes it a fun experiance with their descriptions/promo art to their products which I admit I probably couldn't do myself 

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960

    Okay, to be fair, the images do the heavy lifting here, but the text works perfectly with it.  https://www.daz3d.com/pretty-in-pink

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960

    SilverGirl said:

    Lorraine said:

    I don't remember 1989 being THAT bad; bad yes, but not that garish. Or have I just lost my memory and am living in blissful ignorance.

    Trendy clothes and school supplies were definitely that bad. I'm not one who has ever felt great with bold patterns (and the eye bleeding Lisa Frank colors, omg), so back to school shopping was rough. 

    I think it depended on where you lived.  I remember a LOT of neon colors that literally hurt the eyes to look at, but by that time I'd moved to Houston where the nine months of sweltering heat made a lot of folks tend to wear what folks elsewhere would only wear at the beach or athletic club, so I freely admit that my perspective my be skewed.  I still remember one rainy day when I ran into an essentially naked young woman in a retail store... she was wearing some kind of thin leotard that had become almost completely transparent after being soaked, and seemed to be quite happy about all of the attention she was getting. cheeky        

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960
    edited September 4

    ANGELREAPER1972 said:

    not exactly product descriptions but I always liked the little female cartoon character ironman13 (Fugazi1968/Ironman) used to have appear on their promos making comments mostly on products on another site.

    Also like promos that tell a little story scene like Mechasar does

    Personally I like enjoy it more when a creator makes it a fun experiance with their descriptions/promo art to their products which I admit I probably couldn't do myself 

    I was going to mention those Ironman 13 cartoons as well.. very sarcastic at times and at others just quite silly.  IIRC, there were several people in the original Ironman 13 (named, I believe, after the early giant robot anime/manga series Tetsujin 13/Ironman 13), which was released in the U.S. as Gigantor), but at the time most of the figure posing was done by an artist named Stephanie and the character was a caricature of her.  I'm pretty sure that a few of those may still be buried in the store somewhere, but DAZ bought out most of the i13 product and made them DAZ Originals, while teventually the i13 product from that period ended up being sold at Rendo under a differentstore name BigLove Pose, which has since closed.  Thanks to Renderosity never deleteing their old pages, though, I can still access those, and here's one of my favorites - 

    I13 pizza.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 462K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • I got a kick out of the first of the "6 reasons why you should buy this" in the description of Materia MeshMaker Plug-In

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 13,644

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    probably this

    IIRC that was an April Fools joke one year.https://www.daz3d.com/cc-hole-hair-for-genesis-8-males

    IIRC that was an April Fool's joke item one year.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449
    edited September 5

    Cybersox said:

    Okay, to be fair, the images do the heavy lifting here, but the text works perfectly with it.  https://www.daz3d.com/pretty-in-pink

    ...I actually used it in an old "RRRR" challenge entry (one of of the random items drawn).

     

     

    RRRR Dec Final 2pw.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • There are a few insane-asylum scenes here that the images and name are nondescript, but the descriptions on the page... start going laugh-out-loud crazy as you read through the text.  Also, the mangled lettering helps.

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-asylum-padded-room

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-asylum-room

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-asylum-hallway

    ...and probably others.

  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

    There are a few insane-asylum scenes here that the images and name are nondescript, but the descriptions on the page... start going laugh-out-loud crazy as you read through the text.  Also, the mangled lettering helps.

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-asylum-padded-room

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-asylum-room

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-asylum-hallway

    ...and probably others.

    Ah, good old ZALGO text. Man, that takes me back.

Sign In or Register to comment.