BJ Cycles - Cycles Renderer in Daz Studio

124»

Comments

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,548

    I'm just getting disheartened. There's never going to be a good alternative to IRAY, because there's no incentive to give us that option.

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    vrba79 said:

    I'm just getting disheartened. There's never going to be a good alternative to IRAY, because there's no incentive to give us that option.

    Weird place to be disheartened. This is a thread about Cycles running in Daz Studio?

  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 2,510

    bluejaunte said:

    vrba79 said:

    I'm just getting disheartened. There's never going to be a good alternative to IRAY, because there's no incentive to give us that option.

    Weird place to be disheartened. This is a thread about Cycles running in Daz Studio?

    All I need is some occasional updates on the project, in order to know, that it hasn't died yet. 
    It's always good to have a tool to look foreward to. ;-)

  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 2,274

    Masterstroke said:

    bluejaunte said:

    vrba79 said:

    I'm just getting disheartened. There's never going to be a good alternative to IRAY, because there's no incentive to give us that option.

    Weird place to be disheartened. This is a thread about Cycles running in Daz Studio?

    All I need is some occasional updates on the project, in order to know, that it hasn't died yet. 
    It's always good to have a tool to look foreward to. ;-)

    Some tiers on Patreon have access to it already. Some have played around with it. It's certainly not dead but it's on the backburner a little more as the focus is on BJ Rapid Pose.

  • bluejaunte said to TimberWolf:

    Why did Daz choose Iray? No idea. Maybe it was a more solid choice at the time. Remember that anything to do with Blender was considered utter garbage by the industry not that long ago. Don't know what state Cycles was in at that time. And why not since? Too much work, too much of a headache? Iray caused a rewrite of Daz Studio to Qt6 and not even that did it. Maybe they do have some deal with NVidia that prevents them from jumping ship but that doesn't concern me. I suspect it's mostly "we have all this Iray stuff now, we need to continue with Iray" and not pull another 3Delight.

    Could the reason DAZ didn't choose Cycles be that it is used by Poser?

  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 2,510

    kvallora_84c7915f94 said:

    Could the reason DAZ didn't choose Cycles be that it is used by Poser?

    DAZ has chosen Iray, long before Poser went for a cycles rip off, they called Superfly.
    DAZ Iray May 2015
    Poser superfly November 2015

  • mjlr2008mjlr2008 Posts: 5
    edited August 16

    My two cents:

    Sometimes, companies and organizations do things one way out of habit, not because it is necessarily the best way.
    DAZ bet on NVIDIA's (the top GPU company in the world) Iray and invested heavily on it; takes years to develop towards perfection.
    I have never used 3DL, only Iray in my images (displayed at DeviantArt). I'm very content with Iray.
    But if DAZ is opening to Blender's Cycles, it's obviously because they know it has great value.
    Some things are a matter of subjective perception, preference or taste.

     

    Post edited by mjlr2008 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,688

    mjlr2008 said:

    My two cents:

    Sometimes, companies and organizations do things one way out of habit, not because it is necessarily the best way.
    DAZ bet on NVIDIA's (the top GPU company in the world) Iray and invested heavily on it; takes years to develop towards perfection.
    I have never used 3DL, only Iray in my images (displayed at DeviantArt). I'm very content with Iray.
    But if DAZ is opening to Blender's Cycles, it's obviously because they know it has great value.
    Some things are a matter of subjective perception, preference or taste.

    A PA dveloping a plug-in is not Daz, Daz has never stopped third parties from adding render plug-ins.

  • K_WILDK_WILD Posts: 59
    Honestly I'd absolutely would love to see this as a plugin for Daz. Cycles is a pretty sweet render engine
Sign In or Register to comment.