Submitted to PASS: Voronoi Shatter Tool for DAZ Studio

2»

Comments

  • umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 205
    edited September 19

    garrett_3d said:

    Excuse the simpleton in the room here.

     

    Can this be used to, for example, create a window shatter effect from a bullet impact? Or create metal shard debris from a hand grenade explosion? Can it be used to create body part debris, again from bullet impact? I'm not thinking Dallas '63 with that last one, but you get the idea.

    Yes, you can create bullet like effects with this as well as actual "Bullet shatters glass" animations. Bomb hits ground, ground explodes upward, bomb explodes spherically.
    This scene is just a simple Cone, squished Cube, and a flat plane with some iray shaders on them. The first image is moment of impact and the second is after breaking the window using just basic impact. You can tighten up the impact section by adjusting the radius of the shatter + mixing in some painted protection areas.

    CrackedGlass.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    ShatteredGlass.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by umblefugly on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,032

    I'm going to hazard a guess, no DS4 on this one too? sad

  • garrett_3d said:

    I'm going to hazard a guess, no DS4 on this one too? sad

    Both DS 4.24 and DS 2026. 

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,032

    umblefugly said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I'm going to hazard a guess, no DS4 on this one too? sad

    Both DS 4.24 and DS 2026. 

    Excuse me while I do the touch up shuffle laugh 

  • garrett_3d said:

    umblefugly said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I'm going to hazard a guess, no DS4 on this one too? sad

    Both DS 4.24 and DS 2026. 

    Excuse me while I do the touch up shuffle laugh 

    Haha glad you're happy, for animated playback, DS 4 is actually superior to DS 2026.

  • Also, I can't submit this plugin because PASS is having some weird fit with my thumbnail image not being the correct size, it is..

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,032

    I feel your pain. Had recent similar experience with Steamworks and setting up my Steam store.

  • umblefugly said:

    Also, I can't submit this plugin because PASS is having some weird fit with my thumbnail image not being the correct size, it is..

    But once this problem is solved this plug-in will be available for sale? Or it will stay in queue and we will need to wait for actual release? 

  • umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 205
    edited September 20

    It has to pass through QA first, then get a store release date.

    Post edited by umblefugly on
  • Was finally able to get it submitted, now the wait :D

  • umblefugly said:

    Was finally able to get it submitted, now the wait :D

    Can't wait. I really need that plug in. It will save me from learning Blender from scratch and Daz -> Blender -> Daz workflow and messing with exports, format, textures etc. Your tool is going to be exactly what I need and wanted to have for years since Gescon 2 was a bit disappointing to me. 

  • bronyswvg said:

    umblefugly said:

    Was finally able to get it submitted, now the wait :D

    Can't wait. I really need that plug in. It will save me from learning Blender from scratch and Daz -> Blender -> Daz workflow and messing with exports, format, textures etc. Your tool is going to be exactly what I need and wanted to have for years since Gescon 2 was a bit disappointing to me. 

    When using Voronoi Shatter Tool, be mindful of very high shard counts. Each generated shard becomes an individual object in the DAZ Studio scene, and DAZ Studio must evaluate, update, and display all of those objects individually.

    In our testing, scenes approaching roughly 2,000–2,500 fragments can begin to experience significant slowdowns, particularly during timeline playback, viewport navigation, scene updates, saving, loading, and cleanup. The exact point will vary depending on your hardware and scene complexity.

    This is primarily a DAZ Studio scene-management limitation rather than a fracture or physics limitation of Voronoi Shatter Tool. GPU PhysX acceleration does not remove this bottleneck because DAZ Studio must still manage the resulting shard objects.

    For smoother playback of very large simulations, consider exporting the completed animation as glTF and viewing or rendering it in another application that supports animated glTF, such as Blender, Cinema 4D with an appropriate workflow, or another compatible DCC application.

    You can also inspect exported animations using glTF viewers such as:

    https://gltf-viewer.donmccurdy.com/

    https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/

    Despite DAZ Studio's high-object-count limitations, Voronoi Shatter Tool can still produce detailed and convincing destruction effects. For most projects, starting with a moderate shard count and increasing it only as needed provides the best balance between detail and usability.

Sign In or Register to comment.