Unable to keep DAZ Connect Login Settings in 4.9 update

Hi all, ever since I updated to the latest 4.9 version of DAZ - 4.9.1.30 64 bit on 3/12 via DIM - I am unable to keep both my settings and login info...  Whenever DAZ opens it asks my whether or not to join the "DAZ Studio Improvement Participation" and then it takes me to the DAZ Connect Login screen page.  Whether I answer yes or no on the 1st screen and yes I do use DAZ Connect so I provide my user name, login info, and tell DAZ to remember my info nothing is retained...  In addition DAZ always opens with it's default "City Limits Lite" layout even though I have selected and saved my layout for "City Limits".

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  If so how did you get it resolved??  Could this be where something in the install has gotten so totally broken that I need to do an uninstall and then do a clean install?  Note: my installation of the DAZ program is on a separate internal drive along with my other program files as I have a small SS Drive for my Windows 7-64 install and my content Files are on another internal hard drive...  DAZ was originally installed on this computer which was new on 8/3/2015 so the updates since then where all provided through DIM.

Thanks in advance for your assistance as you can imagine how frustrating this is for me to have to go through all the time...

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2016

It sounds more like a problem with the settings being recorded than an install problem. 

What security/AV software?

What kind of user account?

Can you post a screenshot of the Help > About page in Studio?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Had you tried running or isntalling DS as admin (not just from an admin account but actually right-clicking and selecting the Run as administrator otpion)? That can break the permissions.

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112

Had you tried running or isntalling DS as admin (not just from an admin account but actually right-clicking and selecting the Run as administrator otpion)? That can break the permissions.

Hi Richard, back in August when I installed DAZ - believe it was 4.8 then - I did install it as an Admin.  However since then DIM has installed further updates directly - so have had no option to do so with them and had no issues with the original 4.9 update.  I did install DIM as Admin in case you are wondering and have had no problem with it.

mjc1016 said:

It sounds more like a problem with the settings being recorded than an install problem. 

What security/AV software?

What kind of user account?

Can you post a screenshot of the Help > About page in Studio?

A/V Software is SecureAPlus - combination MultiAV & Whitelisting program and Malwarebytes both of which i have used for quite a while now.  So don't think they are an issue...

I am an Administrator and the only user of this computer

Screenshots are a challenge for me as I know of no way to reduce them down to fit this format.  However the about page reads "version 4.9.1.30 Pro Edition (64 Bit) with my registered name listed underneath in case that is what you are asking for...

Thanks.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

For image posting to the forums...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1045020/#Comment_1045020

And yeah, it's saying Pro...that means it did record/save the serial number, so it's not some 'lite' version but fully unlocked. 

And if things were running normally...then either the update to the program or an OS/security software update are the likely causes.

Which version were you running before the most recent update?

Have there been any updates to SecureAV?  Malwarebytes is usually really good about not interferring with legit software.   It  may be a good idea to double check that Studio is still allowed, though.  I've had problems in the past with several AV programs 'resetting'...some even after a simple definition update.

mjc1016 said:

For image posting to the forums...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1045020/#Comment_1045020

And yeah, it's saying Pro...that means it did record/save the serial number, so it's not some 'lite' version but fully unlocked. 

And if things were running normally...then either the update to the program or an OS/security software update are the likely causes.

Which version were you running before the most recent update?

Have there been any updates to SecureAV?  Malwarebytes is usually really good about not interferring with legit software.   It  may be a good idea to double check that Studio is still allowed, though.  I've had problems in the past with several AV programs 'resetting'...some even after a simple definition update.

As mentioned in my previous post back in August I installed DAZ on my new computer - believe it was 4.8 then - I did install it as an Admin.  However since then DIM has installed further updates directly - so have had no option to do so with them and had no issues with the original 4.9 update.back in August when I installed DAZ - believe it was 4.8 then - I did install it as an Admin.  However since then DIM has installed further updates directly - so have had no option to do so with them and had no issues with the original 4.9 update.

Have inactivated the AV and still broken.  When DAZ opens still asks me to login to Access DAZ Connect, and returns layout to it's default "City Limits Lite".  Also recreates a non-existant DAZ & Poser Directory from my C drive - to its default location, which does not exist on my computer...  Have deleted the directories in Content Directory Manager but each time I reopen DAZ they are back.  So how do I fix this?  Do I need to do a complete wipe of this current install and download/install the latest version of DAZ 4.9 or do you have other answers??  If so do I need to export the database 1st or could that be part of the problem?

• mikael-aronssonmikael-aronsson Posts: 546
    edited March 2016

I assume the settings/preferences are stored in a file somewhere in your user directory and not in CMS database ? not sure about that, have never had any problems so I have never checked, but in that case it can be as simple as that DS does not have premission to save the preferences file (should show an error message but might not happen), check the user\public\DAZ and user\you\DAZ directories and see who can mess around there in the "Security" tab in case you did something when you installed it as admin (never good as it install things in the users (Admin) home directories).

Post edited by mikael-aronsson on

Hi again, this is beyond my scope of expertise so have contacted the DAZ Help Desk and a ticket has been generated on this issue so hopefully they can come up with a resolution.

Thanks to all of you for your help and comments.