Losing Control of DAZ 4.9

Hello there, Daz has been running well for about the past 6 months with no problems on Windows 7. I have just upgraded my PC to the Free Windows 10 Home edition, yes it runs fast and uses less Ram than Windows 7 ever did but I have a problem that only happens when using DAZ Studio? When I use the sliders in the parameters tab to edit objects the mouse jumps off setting and sometimes disappears from the screen, if I tab to windows desktop the mouse is ok. At present a large scene is impossible to work on. Is there any shortcut key to control the sliders in the parameters tab for editing with the keyboard I cannot find any info to help.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

What is your video card?

Have you updated the drivers for is since the Windows update?

• Running Windows 10 Home Edition Build 1511 64bit

Gigabyte P35 with Duel core E7600, CPU speed 3067 Bus speed 1066

8 Gb DDR2 PC2-6400, running at 533.9 for 1066

Nvidia GTX 460  1Gb GDDR5, with old Drivers GForce 358.91

Not tried latest Nvidia drivers yet had problem in past, PC would not shut down after updating VGA drivers ?

Never had any problems before with Windows 7 Home 64bit ?

you maybe right I should try latest Video drivers I will have to do full backup first then try it out.

Thanks.

Problem is that Windows 10 has only 'basic' video drivers.  The full abilities of the Nvidia card won't be used without installing Nvidia drivers for it...

The problem that you are having is often caused by inadequate OpenGL capabilities...which is often caused by 'basic' only drivers.

• You are right, Just installed Nvidia GeForce 364.72 drivers and it is running ok will have to give good test when get more time as it is time for bed here in the UK. So far have tested on small scene with Nvidia iRay GPU render and all is well, need to run good test with Reality 4.2 as LuxRender needs more power with a GPU render engine, most of the time I use CPU network rendering with Luxrender Slave sharing the power with a Windows 7 Quad Core CPU PC in spare room upstairs.

Thanks for you Help.   

You are right, Just installed Nvidia GeForce 364.72 drivers and it is running ok will have to give good test when get more time as it is time for bed here in the UK. So far have tested on small scene with Nvidia iRay GPU render and all is well, need to run good test with Reality 4.2 as LuxRender needs more power with a GPU render engine, most of the time I use CPU network rendering with Luxrender Slave sharing the power with a Windows 7 Quad Core CPU PC in spare room upstairs.

Thanks for you Help.   

Gotta love the ease with which you can do a network render in Lux...I've 'stolen' every computer in the house to run renders before.wink