Still nothing in the Content Library ?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, I think I can help you some.

The one in Programs is the Program itself. The one that Runs and lets you do 3D art with it.
    The one in My Documents is what is called the CONTENT folder. That is the one the Program looks in to find all your Content.
    It is also the one you should always put your content into. If your content is not in that one and set up correct DS will have errors.
    You should only have One of both. If you have three we will need to get rid of all three to have a CLEAN place to start with.

It looks to me like none of the DAZ stuff is installed at this time. If you can post a shot of just the three different ones you have(three different shot will be fine). You do not need to open them I just wish to see them.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    Okay, I think I can help you some.

The one in Programs is the Program itself. The one that Runs and lets you do 3D art with it.
    The one in My Documents is what is called the CONTENT folder. That is the one the Program looks in to find all your Content.
    It is also the one you should always put your content into. If your content is not in that one and set up correct DS will have errors.
    You should only have One of both. If you have three we will need to get rid of all three to have a CLEAN place to start with.

It looks to me like none of the DAZ stuff is installed at this time. If you can post a shot of just the three different ones you have(three different shot will be fine). You do not need to open them I just wish to see them.

Thanks for the explanation makes it all a little clearer now that I've got some idea of what's going on.

Attached the original 3 Runtimes in "My Documents" and I'm not sure two of what in Programme Files !

3_empty_uninstallers.JPG
    675 x 832 - 57K
    The_original_3_Runtimes.JPG
    749 x 857 - 63K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

OKAY. This is what we want to do...

Step 1. The DAZ 3D FOLDER in My Documents. Delete it. We want it and everything in it to go away. Poof. Nothing!!
    Step 2. The Daz3d FOLDER in Programmes . Delete it. POOF! Gone, we want it to go away. Nothing left.
    Step 3. The DAZ 3D FOLDER in Programmes. Delete it. Also GONE! Poof nothing left. All three GONE! Nothing left at ALL!!
    Step 4. Shut Down the Computer. Do a FULL shut down. Do not do a ReStart. We want a Shut Down. Wait 1 minute then Start the Computer.
    Step 5. Check that ALL three Folders are 100% gone. Look for them. Are they GONE? Come back and Tell me.

edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    OKAY. This is what we want to do...

Step 1. The DAZ 3D FOLDER in My Documents. Delete it. We want it and everything in it to go away. Poof. Nothing!!
    Step 2. The Daz3d FOLDER in Programmes . Delete it. POOF! Gone, we want it to go away. Nothing left.
    Step 3. The DAZ 3D FOLDER in Programmes. Delete it. Also GONE! Poof nothing left. All three GONE! Nothing left at ALL!!
    Step 4. Shut Down the Computer. Do a FULL shut down. Do not do a ReStart. We want a Shut Down. Wait 1 minute then Start the Computer.
    Step 5. Check that ALL three Folders are 100% gone. Look for them. Are they GONE? Come back and Tell me.

Thanks. Step 1 deleted but found a Content Management Server in Daz3d which sounded important.

Or carry on deleting ?

Content_Management_Server.JPG
    1449 x 859 - 143K
    edited December 1969

DELETE it ALL. When we get to installing, the one we need will be put back and it should work. Which should fix part of the trouble.

edited December 1969

First emptied the recycling bin. Then shut down, not a Restart, for 5 minutes. All 3 Daz files now completely gone.

edited December 1969

Good, I'm going to DO a step by step for you using screen captures so you can see what to do. This will take a little while so look for me in 30 min's or so.

edited December 1969

Thanks no rush have to be tomorrow now as it's 1.10 am :-)

edited December 1969

Okay. Here we go One step at a time.

Step 1. First we need these two FILES for you. You have a 32bit XP system so it must be the 32Bit DS file that get's installed.
    ..............If you do not have these two files please go to your Accounts and then to the part My Itemized Order History. Search it
    ..............and do a RESET on Daz Studio 4.5Pro so you get NEW files to download and we know they are the New Files.
    ..............Then go to My Downloadable Products and then Download the new files.

Help-1.png
    258 x 72 - 22K
    edited December 1969

Step 2. It is now time to RUN the Daz Studio 4.5 Install file. When it opens you will be asked to ACCEPT the terms twice. Do that.
    ..............Now look at the image BELOW! Your Screen SHOULD be this!! DO NOT CHECK THAT BOX!! Click the NEXT icon ONLY!!
    ..............You will come to the next part after this.

Help-2.png
    665 x 386 - 227K
    edited September 2012

Step 3. This is the DEFAULT Daz Studio 4.5 Install!! It should be VERY close to This!! If it is DIFFERENT just leave it ALONE!
    ..............Do not change one thing NOTHING. Just click NEXT!

..............Write DOWN BOTH OF THESE PATHS in the boxes.
    ......... The BOTTOM one is YOUR content Path YOU NEED it For ALL content INSTALLS!

Help-3.png
    667 x 387 - 157K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited September 2012

Step 4. NOW WAIT. You are on a XP 32bit system the install WILL take a very LONG TIME. Maybe Even as much as an HOUR or more.
    ..............It WILL look like nothing is happening for LONG periods, especially close to the end. If you CANCEL at
    ..............any TIME you will NOT get a FULL install.
    ..............Just WAIT. It will END when it is DONE!! Then you CLICK FINISH!!

edited September 2012

Step 5. Now Run the Genesis Starter Essentials Installer! Agree to the parts when ASKED! Now Here is the Important PART.
    ..............DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!! Do NOT pick Custom just tell it NEXT!!
    ..............See the Image Below. The PATHS MUST MATCH the one in Image #3. The TOP Part Is the Content PATH. If they do not
    ..............MATCH you will need to CANCEL and Tell ME what is different.

..............IF they Match then Tell it NEXT and WAIT!!. TOUCH NOTHING until it Finishes!!

Help-4.png
    667 x 392 - 152K
    edited December 1969

That SHOULD get you UP and Running. I would ReBOOT the PC and THEN try to Run Daz Studio. You should have the stating content installed and working Now.

IF you do TELL me and we can get anything else installed into content because its all working now.

edited September 2012

Thanks a lot some of it I never knew !!

However thought I'd just do a quick Search, entered Daz 3D, which someone advised me always to do ages ago and found this little lot....

Search_results.JPG
    1613 x 419 - 131K
    edited December 1969

Delete it all.

edited December 1969

They won't delete for some reason ?

Confirm_File_delete_error.JPG
    1383 x 993 - 125K
    Confirm_file_delete_error_1.JPG
    1300 x 995 - 111K
    Confirm_file_delete_error_2.JPG
    1307 x 645 - 57K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes they will just click Yes to all, that you have showing on the last screen. All that message is telling you is that it will be a permanent delete, and the deleted stuff will not show in your recycle bin.

edited September 2012

Sorry I couldn't get the pics in the right order. Obviously I did click on "yes to all" but the final message is in the second pic "Cannot remove folder base. The directory is not empty." Clicking on this the wretched thing then returns back to the original situation and just keeps on repeating itself.

I'm wondering if it's possible to ignore this folder and load a new DS4.5 and see if it works ?

edited December 1969

I'll load it and see what happens, really want to get on with my story and linked Daz pics ! :)

edited September 2012

Please do not load a new version of DS, Let us help you get your computer clean first. You need a good clean install.

If you cannot delete the folder in it's entirety, try deleting the contents, one by one. If the images are in the wrong order, then the problem is that you cannot delete the folder, while it still has content, so delete the content.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2012

Deleted....

edited December 1969

please finish cleaning up your computer as Jade asked, before you reinstall anything. See my last message.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Please do not load a new version of DS, Let us help you get your computer clean first. You need a good clean install.

If you cannot delete the folder in it's entirety, try deleting the contents, one by one. If the images are in the wrong order, then the problem is that you cannot delete the folder, while it still has content, so delete the content.

Ok haven't downloaded anything yet will do....
    edited December 1969

Jaderail won't be in till later today, Saturday is one of the days he has to go for treatment. And his time zone is 5 hours (I think) behind ours.

edited September 2012

OK thanks. I think I've found the file that's causing the problem in the 2 pics. Right clicking on all the top files is being rejected saying as before cannot remove folder base, whereas right clicking on the bottom one is showing something completely different as per the top pic....

Error_file_main.JPG
    1246 x 793 - 87K
    Problem_file_2.JPG
    1264 x 620 - 75K
    edited September 2012

can you delete tha item you have highlighted in the top image. You don't want to send it anywhere you need to delete it.

I am not going to be too much help here, really, because I have a different OS, and also don't use DS, so don't have it on my computer.

Have you tried draggin it to your recycle bin. rather than right clicking on it.

An again what happens when you try to dete the folder named just "Sylphiad"

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    can you delete tha item you have highlighted in the top image. You don't want to send it anywhere you need to delete it.

I am not going to be too much help here, really, because I have a different OS, and also don't use DS, so don't have it on my computer.

Have you tried draggin it to your recycle bin. rather than right clicking on it.

An again what happens when you try to dete the folder named just "Sylphiad"

I've tried deleting it, dragging and dropping it into the recycle bin but it still refuses to move. Clicking on Sylphiad just brings up the same 2 messages as before too big for recycle bin and the other one. I'm now thinking it means taking it to my computer guy and asking him to do it which means off line for a couple of days unless anyone's got any other suggestions....?

edited December 1969

It may be the quickest way really, I just don't understand what is happening with your computer, I really don't.

I admot I am no teccy but have beeen using computers for a good many years without any problems, but I have never had problems like this, it is weird. Something is not right, somewhere down the line. A tech guy may be the answer.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Double click on the very bottom file that begin 'geometry_' to enter the folder itself, and see what is in there.

You may be able to delete all the contents from that folder. It looks like you can't rename the folder either?

Where are these folders located? Are they in the Documnets area, or Program Files area. It looks like folders that you have created yourself, and they would not interfere with any installation of the main app anyway.