Daz 4.20 Workspace Keeps Resetting on Windows 11

I recently got my computer rebuilt & upgraded amongst the upgrade was to Windows 10.  I run Daz 4.20 & 4.23 on my system but for some reason everytime I close 4.20 it resets my entire workspace & it does not save the layout.  While 4.23 keeps the settings I most use 4.20 for a lot of my work & I'm hoping someone knows how I can fix this issue.

I've attached two images, first is my prefered workspace appearance & second is what 4.20 restarts as each time

Would appreciate any help.

Screenshot 2026-04-04 18.25.02.png
1920 x 1004 - 183K
Screenshot 2026-04-04 18.25.16.png
1920 x 1021 - 230K

Comments

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,615
    Daz doesn't officially support running two versions of the same release channel. You can officially run one General Release and one Public Build (beta) release without them interfering with each other. We probably need more information about what versions you are running (full version numbers from Help/About Daz Studio menu), and the folder structure that each is installed into.
  • barbult said:

    Daz doesn't officially support running two versions of the same release channel. You can officially run one General Release and one Public Build (beta) release without them interfering with each other. We probably need more information about what versions you are running (full version numbers from Help/About Daz Studio menu), and the folder structure that each is installed into.

    4.20 is the Public Build & 4.23 is the General Release. I didn't have any issues with the workspace on Windows 10

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,758

    SO is it resetting the layout in both versions, or just the Public Build 4.20.x.x? Have you tried Window>Workspace>Save Layout? Are you letting DS 4.20.x.x close itself fully (DS 4,23,x,x visibly hangs around while closing, but I don't think 4.20.x.x did so it is possible you are shutting down or terminiating the process while it is still working). Also make sure you haven't added one of the command liine switches to your shortcut that is forcing DS to start with a clean layout Command Line Options [Documentation Center]

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,168

    Ahh. That's starting to explain some things I've been seeing. I generally use 4.21, but occasionally have to use 4.24 to get measure metrics to work, and when I go back to 4.21 things (including the highlight colour) are slightly different and I have to reset it. I also have USC2 & USXT kicked out from my tabs in 4.21 where they normally live after a visit to 4.24.

    Why not only use 4.24? Well, it doesn't feel the same, and memory release going from scene to scene doesn't seem as good, Memory release is quicker on 4.24 than 4.21 on exit, but doesn't seem as good when pressing the 'New' button.

    Regards,

    Richard

Sign In or Register to comment.