Abatement lamps

I am using Poser 10 and the Poser version of Abatement http://www.daz3d.com/abatement The promos done in Daz with Iray show all the lamps lit and looking great. Do the lamps not light in Poser or is there some secret to this please?

Thanks so much,

mystmaiden

Comments

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited March 2016

I assume the lights in the iray version were done using emmisives or point lights to get them to look like that. You would need a poser equlvilant to get the same results, which I unfortunetly do not know what those are. Iray lighting itself is a D|S only feature so you may not be able to get exactly the same look.

Post edited by Vhardamis on
  • Thanks so much for the reply.With 20 lamps, using points would be a long process. All I have to go by really are my DM products that have lamps that just work in Poser.

Anyone have any experience with Abatement? I'd love to know for sure.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

There is no equivalent to these kinds of emissive surfaces in Poser 10, unless you want to mess with the Ambient channel, which is hit-or-miss. Those lights in the D|S redners are created by Iray emissive surfaces, a feature built not in Daz Studio, but Iray.

I don't yet have Poser 11, but it's possible they have added a similar self-lighting feature with their new PBR renderer. I'm waiting for Smith Micro to put Poser 11 on its steep sale. Usually takes about a year. I can wait.

Jack is a fairly regular contributor to the forums. You might ask him if he has a Poser-compatible materials set for this product. Sometimes vendors have files that aren't included in the main release.

• Thanks so much for the reply, Tobor. I'll try checking with Jack.  Nifty bit of info about Iray emissives, too. I'm trying to learn Daz studio but so far, I'm not doing so well !